View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
carlosh123
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy13118 View Post
When you talk about the nutrition being the option on the right side, is that the pie chart of protein,carb,fat, and alcohol? If you ate twice the amount of cornflakes, for example, you'd see a change in the carbohydrates and that would not only be the total amount in grams but there would be a change in the percentage. Not exactly double, because cornflakes also contain some fat and protein (I'm guessing, but I haven't looked) but the percentage would increase. You'd see it in the pie chart. You'd see it in the numbers. You'd see some changes in the fat and the fat breakdown.

There's a drop-down menu there with an choice that shows 'calorie breakdown.' It has grams and percentages.

Do you use the reports? They don't break down by food, but they give you lots of information about vitamins and minerals in your food so you don't need to calculate.
Isn't the pie chart. Se that the pie chart just appear because you are in the calorie breakdown option. If you choose the option on the side, total nutrition, you will see the vitamins and minerals that RDA recommends, the % that you have in that quantity of food and how much, in grams milligrams or IU, that quantity represent of that vitamin. And I want that numbers in total nutrition change according to the quantity of the food that I put on amount and unit. So will be easier to assume: Oh, this food with 100g has 50mg of calcium, let me try 150-180g and see how much will be. That's kind of option that I want.

And currently, the numbers don't change. Don't change if you change the amount in the same unit and don't change if you change the unit. And I think won't be so hard to make the program do this, because the program have the numbers of the vitamins and minerals of the food (this is true when you look at the total nutrition, now the option in your food log, e click on table that you see that the program have all the numbers) so it just need to update when you change the amount or unit in that option that I told about.

Understand what I'm talking about?
Thanks

Last edited by carlosh123; 05-28-2014 at 05:01 PM.
carlosh123 is offline   Reply With Quote