Notices

Motivational Thread May 26 - June 2

Old 05-25-2014, 10:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread May 26 - June 2

Can you believe we're almost to June already??! Where does the time go? My kids are out of school, and my older daughter who just graduated from high school on Thursday moved out yesterday to her own apartment. Lots of big changes.

Here's a quote I just saw that I liked:
I Will Become Stronger Than My Strongest Excuse!

I come up with excuses a lot. I'm trying to retrain my brain into overcoming the excuses. I think this week I will log on here the excuses I overcome.

I lost inches this past week. Even though I was so upset that I didn't lose a single ounce, the exercise is paying off. Logically I know this. I hear/read it a gazillion times. But I am so dang focused on the scale and lbs. I'm really glad I took "before" photos so I can track my physical appearance.

My goals for the week are to increase the number of times a day I eat, and actually increase my daily calories. I think the extreme low days from 800-1000 are having an affect on my metabolism. I'm not eating frequently enough throughout the day. This is a big deal for me to overcome because I am finding myself more and more fearful of eating because I don't want to consume calories, and obsessed with keeping them as low as possible. I need to change my mindset because I think this way that I have been thinking could lead to an eating disorder. I may be wrong about that, but I do know in my logical mind that my thinking is unhealthy. My emotional mind doesn't care...lower those calories! Don't eat anything unless starving! I need to be at a minimum of 1200 calories. 1400 would be better. And even 1500 wouldn't hurt. I also need to add extra calories (preferably proteins) to fuel my exercise so I don't burn muscle.

Ok, everyone. Let's have a smashing week!
Old 05-25-2014, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Okay Jenai, I'm in this week as well. I don't know how many calories you should be on but I do know that if you feel deprived it will backfire. I am sure that's why you've been overfocused on the scale. Formula for giving up. When I was logging my food I stayed between 1200 and 1400 per day.

I am keeping the same goals this week: walk 1 k per day, drink more water and green tea and bring my lunch to work. Walking today will be a challenge. It's a rain storm and no time to go to the gym
Old 05-26-2014, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning Ladies!
I'm going to take the day off from exercising. Really sore from yardwork yesterday.

GOALS
1. Keep within carb limit
2. Exercise 4X
3. 4 servings fruits and veggies
4. 6 glasses of water
I had been doing better on this but have slacked off a little lately

Personal goals
1. Finish cutting back lawn
2. write
3. Take a couple of boxes to church for fall bazaar

Jenn
Old 05-26-2014, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm ready to make this week count!!
I want to see the 2's! The scale hasn't moved all weekend, but I am determined!

It is cold rainy and +5 C here........ my kale will love this weather though, and I do see growth on the stems I planted
Old 05-26-2014, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All,

My DD is here but going away for 6 weeks in a few days. I have really enjoyed seeing her when I could get past the worries I have, especially about her eating and sleeping. Can't even think about her being away.

Jenai, I love the awareness you are showing. It's so easy to be obsessed and have it take over. Deprivation does backfire, in so many ways. I hope you find a healthy balance.

Robin, Hi! Walking: good goal. But I know the weather does get in the way.

Jenn, a day off helps. LOVE your goals.

Bea, kale yum!!!

Last edited by canary52; 05-26-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. It's going to be hot out today so I am exercising in the basement. The magnolia is losing its flowers and the leaves are coming out. I sat in the sun for a bit yesterday and will try to get some sun every day, a bit at a time.

Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water:
Eat 3 fruits and vegetables
Exercise 5X

I am taking out my summer clothes and putting away my winter clothes, some of which are going to the Church yard sale on July 1st. I also have some furniture and other things that I am giving away to declutter the house.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) 6 glasses of water
2) walk, even tiny baby walks, 3x minimum
3) don't fall for stupid diet plans, just keep it healthy
4) don't get discouraged

I have had such intense back pain, it was just taking over my life. Depression too. But I have found an acupuncturist who seems to be helping. He is far from where I live, doesn't speak much English, and the sessions are painful. But they are working!

A friend of mine lost 30 pounds (too much for him) and he explained his plan to me and I have been trying but honestly it's a bit extreme and VERY monotonous. I have suffered from eating disorders and still have triggers. Like Jenai, I need to remind myself NOT to get too obsessive. And also that I know myself better than I think. I know the food that is healthy for me. And I know that these extreme restrictive plans backfire. I also know that there will be some days I will eat more than others. It amazes me that something as basic as eating can be so complicated.

Also, as much as my back hurts, I do believe walking, even what I call tiny baby walks, helps. It's hard when the weather is yucky (or when I am) so motivational thread work your magic lol!!!

Last edited by canary52; 05-27-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

My day turned out to be nothing like what I had planned. I spent most of the day cleaning the kitchen and bathroom as well as folding laundry and putting it away.
Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water: M-Y
Eat 3 fruits and vegetables: M-Y
Exercise 5X
Old 05-26-2014, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Bea, You will get to those 2's before you know it! Keep up the positive attitude...I love it!

Hope, I'm sorry you're having such back pain and depression. I really hope the accupuncture can help.

Libby, sounds like your day was pretty busy and you got some things accomplished.

as for me:
Excuses For Not Wanting To Exercise Tonight:
  • I just don't feel like it.
  • I don't want to get hot and sweaty.
  • I just ate a little while ago and want to relax

OVERCOME!

I did it!!!!!!!! Slim in 6 done for the night...all the way through the entire workout with only the designated water break halfway through!!! I was so afraid of the pushups. She said they were going to do 10. Well, first time and I did 6!!!!! When I first started last Monday, I made the goal of getting all the way through by today, and I DID IT!!!
Old 05-26-2014, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats to those of you who did well with Monday's goals.

My walking goal was an epic fail. I knew the day was too hectic. Didn't get supper til 9:30 pm. Those kinda crazy days are what got me in trouble.

Hi Hope.................sounds like you are really second guessing the extreme plan. Listen to your true self. You know. Hugs for the back pain and depression.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.