View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

It sounds like you all need to go grocery shopping. I keep a regular shopping day, so I never run completely out of the healthy foods that I need to stay on track. Admittedly I've only done that since having children, but it saves me soooo much time because I never have to run out to the store for just one or two items. This also saves us a lot of money because I almost never impulse shop.

I don't know about you, but I tend to eat what's easiest. So when my house is full of healthy food and it's right in front of me, I stay on track. When the cupboards are bare, I'm much more tempted to hit convenience foods. So get yourself a coffee pot, pay at the pump and don't go into the gas station for your morning joe, consequently avoiding the junk breakfast. It's much much cheaper to make coffee yourself and get this, you can set it up the night before to be ready for you the minute you get up, which is much more convenient than having to stop at the gas station.

I hate to say this, but having never eaten "breakfast pizza" it sounds disgusting. You should also know that if the eggs are scrambled, you shouldn't eat it, unless you know for a fact that the eggs were prepared in the last 15 minutes. Seriously something icky happens to scrambled eggs as they sit, I can't remember the details. All I know is that my mother is a nurse who worked side by side with the Health Department for years and she won't touch buffet eggs with a ten foot pole.
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote