Notices

90 lbs lost

Old 05-20-2014, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Talking 90 lbs lost

7 years ago on my 30th birthday I weighed 265lb. At 5'10" that is extremely overweight. My doctor was very concerned for my health. And a friend of mine at 31 had a heart attack. After this my wife bought me a treadmill and I started to walk everyday; while watching TV I would walk in stead of sitting on the couch. Eventually I started to run and by the end of the first month I lost 20lbs. From then on I was hook. I started lifting weights and running outside a lot. I cut out fast food and started working on eating healthy. Reading every book I could find; I eventually became a certified personal trainer, just as a way of learning more about fitness. By the end of the third year of this, I was down to 175 lbs; I was a personal trainer and I had people asking me to train them. Now at 37 years old; I own my own training facility; I lift much heavier weights and I am at a very healthy 205lbs. I eat clean every day, workout everyday, take the correct vitamins and love my new life.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your success. A heart attack at 31??? How is he doing now?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:12 PM
FitDay Member

He survived the heart attack, although it was a pretty bad one. I no longer work at that employer since I opened y own gym, but as of the time I left he was back to his old eating habits and smoking.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Shane on your success in changing your life. That is amazing and def. something to be proud of! It's a shame that your former coworker didn't change their lifestyle, but nice to see what a turnaround you have made.