Notices

Motivational Thread May 19-25

Old 05-19-2014, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread May 19-25

Good morning everyone,

Happy Monday!

My major goal for the week is to see 299 by Friday!
The scale, so far has not budged, but it will!

Many people take Monday to start over.......well it's Monday! Let's make this a fantastic week!! (I personally hate starting over, so I've figured it out!! If I stop quitting, I'll never have to start over )

Bea
Old 05-19-2014, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday Bea

You will see 299 - just keep going!

It seems strange to me starting the week with a holiday!

I made an mistake yesterday, went to the movie theatre hungry and ate too much popcorn! Next time I'll eat before I go.

My goals for this week are to walk at least 1k regardless of the weather (pouring rain today), to drink more water, to bring a lunch to work and drink some green tea.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I'm here for another week. My only goals this week are to shake the dark cloud that's been following me around lately and to getting back and staying on track. I thought this was fitting..."10 Things You Must Give Up To Move Forward". I've been letting too many things get in my way and in my head...mostly my own self Have a great day all!

Old 05-19-2014, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies. Isn't this weather crazy Robin. Rained all week. Today looks like the only good day to do some yardwork. Grass is growing like crazy!

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit
2. 6 glasses of water (and coffee doesn't count)
3. more veggies
4. Exercise 4X for 30 min

Personal goals
1. Phone someone to trim bushes etc
2. Budget
3. write
4. let go of things that I can't control

Jenn
Old 05-19-2014, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

Well, last week entirely got away from me. Too many celebrations of graduation/retirements/faculty appointments/student invites to places ended up with my calories being entirely up and down and very little water drank. I'm up a pound today (182.2 this morning), which is discouraging, but I *also* know why it happened. It was impossible to log all the snacks. My eating was completely out of whack and everyone just kept handing me beers.

One of the reasons I dislike being a natural introvert is that I never have quite developed the social graces to politely decline without it becoming exhausting over and over again.

Ah well, no excuses this week!!!!!!! Now that commencement is over, I can settle back towards something like a routine. I do have a conference this Friday/Saturday in Chicago but I will be doing my best to plan for it.

Week goals:

1) Log everything
2) -4,000 calorie deficit
3) Workout 4x this week. 5 would be great. Follow Turbo schedule
4) Water 72 oz per day
5) Protein 25-30% of calories, daily and weekly

Here's to a lovely week everyone!

~Terri
Old 05-19-2014, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. It's a beautiful sunny day and I am varnishing the furniture that I sanded and stained on Saturday. I also have house work to do and pants to hem. I don't know how much I will get done but it will be a busy day.

6 glasses of water
exercise 3x
3 fruits and 3 veg
keep calories under 1100
lose 1 pound
Old 05-19-2014, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

Debbie, thanks for posting that. I am a huge Stephen Covey fan. I just heard a talk in which he was quoted extensively. 'First Things First' is my favorite of his books.

'The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.' So true.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit a little over
2. 6 glasses of water (and coffee doesn't count) already up to 6
3. more veggies no
4. Exercise 4X for 30 min yes cut the grass

Personal goals
1. Phone someone to trim bushes etc
2. Budget
3. write
4. let go of things that I can't control

NSV--my watch is looser
Jenn
Old 05-19-2014, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Jenn you did very well!

I went out and walked even though it was pouring. Only 1 km.

Unexpectedly, my neighbour started her "Park Fitwalk" today. I hour in the park. Walking and strength training. It was fun. It had stopped raining. There were 6 of us.

Prepared leftovers for tomorrow's lunch Brown rice, with veggies and chicken.

Thanks all! I am so happy to be back
Old 05-19-2014, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! My goal this week is to exercise every day. And keep on track with my calories.

If any of you remember, I sent back the 21 Day Fix workout program to Beachbody and ordered Slim in 6 instead. SI6 is exactly what I was hoping it would be. It's so much more to my level and speed. There are 3 different work outs, Start it up, Ramp it up and Burn it up. You're supposed to do each one for 2 weeks. But, Start it up is difficult enough that I may not feel comfortable moving on after 2 weeks. It may take me longer to work up my endurance and speed. But I'm ok with that. I did the Start It Up today, and although I only got half way through it before my body felt like a giant noodle, I am really satisfied with what I did. Unlike 21DF, I did not get frustrated or angry. I felt great with my accomplishment (and even 1/2 way through for me is an accomplishment!), and I am ready to do it again tomorrow.

I said to my husband, "Now all I have to do is exercise every day for the rest of my life." That was overwhelming and depressing. I'll think about 1 day at a time for now. Who knows, maybe there will come a day where I have to have my workout and love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.