Notices

How did I get here again? :(

Old 05-07-2014, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow How did I get here again? :(

Hi everyone!

After the birth of my daughter I lost a whopping 200 pounds (over several years with some ups and downs - I have Binge Eating Disorder, so it's a huge challenge eating normally for me!).

I won't lie, even with that much weight lost I was still overweight, but I felt incredible, I looked great and though I would have liked to drop the remaining pounds I needed to, life was drastically better than it had been. I had my life back!

I managed to keep my weight between 212-215 pounds for 6 years! That is until 2 years ago when I quit smoking (for good this time) and ended an unhappy relationship.

My weight went crazy over that long canadian winter and I ended up at 298 pounds before being terrified of hitting 300 again, noticing the pain in my body and kicking my butt out of that depressive non stop binge eating mode.

I started eating incredibly healthy food and exercising. A lot!
I was jogging on average 2 hours a day, and swimming as well.

That might sound like a great idea, and I did lose 60 pounds in a fairly short time period but I ended up severely damaging my knees and feet. (Heavy people should NOT jog)

Unable to get my "runners high" I fell into another bout of depression and put on 15 pounds instead of losing what I needed to.

I maintained that weight for a little bit, until about last year when I began a new relationship with a really heavy guy, who loves to cook and went on birth control.

Between the birth control, and the constant sugary treats he loves to consume around me combined with a completely sedentary lifestyle I have managed to find myself at 320 pounds of absolutely self esteem crushing fat. This was not a good winter for me.

several weeks ago I had ENOUGH. I told him to keep his pop and candy out of my house, and I started purchasing ONLY the healthy vegetables and fruits I feel my healthiest eating.

I've since lost 11 pounds and I am NOT stopping until I am at the very least under 200 pounds and able to walk around without immense pain in my feet knees and back.

I know I need the daily support of a forum, and the diet blog here on fit day to keep me accountable so here I am!

I know HOW to do this, I just have to find the strength - again.

-MissNoodles (cause I'm a carb junky who's gonna miss noodles, get it? har har)

Last edited by ~MissNoodles~; 05-07-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Good for you that you've staked out the healthy food territory for yourself. You've lost weight before so you know you can do it again!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome MissNoodles! You sure have been through some ups and downs over the years! You should be proud of yourself for putting the brakes on gaining and turning things around! You've done it before so you know how it's done! You can do it again!!

There's a group of us that are active here daily in the Motivation and Support forum. You'll find us in the 'Motivational' thread that starts every Monday. There's also an active Friday Weigh In thread that can be great for accountability. Please feel free to join us!
Old 05-10-2014, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, MissNoodles, you can do it!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone XD
Old 06-20-2014, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Cool I feel you!

Noodles, I feel you! I'm starting over too.. My weight has also fluctuated a lot over the years. I tend to have a "go big or go home" attitude, and can have difficulty keeping my life in balance. I think that's the root cause of my struggles. Of course there's always a "reason" for it. Most recently I put on weight (and got out of my exercise habit..) while writing a thesis and starting a new job that required months of constant travel.

It's totally disappointing to be here again, but I guess the good news is that we know how to play this weight-loss game. It's just slow going

Good luck on your journey, noodles! I hope to see you around the forums.