Notices

Hypnotic audio files opinion

Old 01-29-2014, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hypnotic audio files opinion

Hi,
does anyone of you been using hypnotic audio files? Like the one posted here:

It is supposed to help with loosing body fat, but, according to research, such audio files are able to help with a lot more, even overcomming adictions.
What is Your opinion about this?

Last edited by Kathy13118; 01-29-2014 at 04:11 AM. Reason: link causes loop
Old 01-29-2014, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

I think hypnosis tapes can be very helpful to a person who is trying to lose or change a bad habit.

You don't need to have a tape. There are plenty of books available about self-hypnosis. Some of them have to do with weight loss. Some have to do with breaking the nicotine habit. They work the same way: reinforcing your resolve when you are in a very relaxed state.

You also have to have the discipline to continue using the technique until it works (or doesn't) for you. In my area, there is a psychologist who offers hypnotism sessions to stop smoking, etc., in his office. I think that there is more than one session required to break a habit using his suggestions under hypnosis. I also know that hypnotism does not work for everyone.

However, if you trust psychology and a psychologist who is qualified, every little bit helps! Sometimes, it's just the thing you need. Years ago, when I went on a very low calorie diet, a small group of us dieters sat in a darkened room with a nurse and she gave us what I can only describe as hypnotic suggestion. The diet was very difficult at first but think that session helped us all to get through the early stages. So, yes, I believe hypnosis is a good tool for dieters!
Old 03-16-2014, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

I agree, they can be helpful. I haven't used any books, but I go on Youtube and just tune in to a couple of my favorites. I find that my listening to it for 20 minutes and focusing on my breathing, my brain becomes focused. I am a serious procrastinator and have found that hypnosis has helped me. I also find that when I'm not listening to it, I still listen to the messages in my head--like a mantra. I've yet to try one for weight loss, but it's on my list.

My favorite on Youtube is The Brain Garage. Does anyone else have any favorites?
Old 03-16-2014, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't know there were such sessions on youtube! If you go to the iTunes website, there are lots of free hypnosis podcasts. Just do a search in the podcasts. You can put them in a library on iTunes and then burn them to CDs.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

I like The Brain Garage too. My problem is I'm not the right person to relax completely, close my eyes and listen to some hypnotical thing for an hour or two. The Brain Garage affirmations are short and energetic and I usually keep doing something else while listening to them, still these affirmations stay in my head and definitely help me stay determined!
Besides, I bought an mp3 album from Subliminal mind Expansion, and can listen to it on my mp3 player off line too, think this music helps me too