View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 02:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sissynail
FitDay Member

Default how to lose weight without counting calories or points?

Alright, so for the past two days I have eaten whatever junk food has come my way. I work in a cafe so that means frappucino's, scones, panini's, cookies, brownies, definitely not low cal stuff. However I'm actually under my goal weight and realized I need to gain back a few pounds. I know this is not the healthiest way to do it, it's just what happened this past weekend. I let myself be free with food for the first time in the past year since losing all the weight.

But now, as I've finished this binge and feel fulfilled in a sense, I realize I don't want to keep counting.

I want to live.

The problem is, I don't know if I really know how. I know how to gain weight, obviously. I know how to lose weight. But maintaining is a foreign concept to me. Even as I've tried to maintain using this website, it doesn't really work. Because I keep having that mindset when I look at the number I feel like it needs to be lower. I realize that's not a happy mindset and I want to change that. My basic question is, how did the people who lost all the weight successfully maintain after?

I gotta believe there's enough will out there to be able to do it without counting for the rest of your life. Because while this is an extremely effective tool, I don't want to see myself relying on it forever.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 04-21-2014 at 02:59 AM.
Sissynail is offline   Reply With Quote