Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
No DVD player; where can I find *high-intensity, no-equipment* cardio videos? >

No DVD player; where can I find *high-intensity, no-equipment* cardio videos?

Notices

No DVD player; where can I find *high-intensity, no-equipment* cardio videos?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default No DVD player; where can I find *high-intensity, no-equipment* cardio videos?

So I'll be going to Moscow this summer and will probably not have much access to a gym. I'm not worried about strength training because I'm a pilates instructor and know quite a bit about that already, but I'm concerned about cardio: the dorms at Moscow State have no WiFi and my computer has nothing into which I can put a CD (I've got a little MacBook). Yes, I can go running, but I much prefer cardio routines/videos to boring, monotonous cardio... sure, I can do intervals by myself, but I would rather be able to shut my brain off and follow an instructor.

So basically I wanna know where I can download cardio routines onto my phone and computer so I can have them without Internet access. I have some from Google Play, but they're WAY too easy. Can anybody help me out?
Old 01-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Just a question - have you thought about a small, inexpensive DVD player? I know it's not as useful or flexible as having something you can download to a phone, but in a pinch, hey...
Old 01-27-2014, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

I did think about that, but I was under the impression that even those were relatively expensive! Maybe I haven't looked hard enough...
Old 01-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

A few years ago, I bought a very small portable DVD player at Radio Shack - on sale - for less than $50. I charged up the battery every time I took a train into the city and relied on it for times when I had to wait with nothing to do. I always had a movie to watch with some cheap headphones, or a CD of music for listening. Today, I still have that little DVD player going in the background while I work on my finances or sort papers. It's been great.

Check out amazon and see what's the least expensive. In Russia, you'll probably need some device for plugging it in to their type of outlet (you plug it in to charge it, but I often just watch while it's plugged in) But then, that's always the case when you travel. Oh, yeah - I took my little DVD player on a trip across the country (U.S.) by train!

If you have an iPad, you can download stuff from iTunes and that's extremely cheap - probably a lot is free, although I've only downloaded some TV episodes ('The IT Crowd') which I bought. Once downloaded to your iPad, I don't believe you need WiFi to watch them. One thing I've noticed about my little DVD player is that the battery charge lasts long than my iPad's for continuous use.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 01-27-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

I have found some really good workouts on youtube. Also you can find some on Pinterest. Here is a link to a workout I found on Pinterest.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

The place for that is Amazon,You should try to fine them there and that is an awesome source i mean the way they are in terms of electronics world, Undoubtedly you will find the right thing than second should can be Ebay.

Last edited by Abner72; 04-24-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow

Please look into Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home. Her website has free videos and YouTube has some as well. I love her and I'm in the best shape of my life - well, when I lose the 10 pounds I will be but I have a six pack underneath the remaining fat.

http://www.walkathome.com/walk-social/
Old 04-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

If you are willing to deal with Apple support for iTunes, or if you can decipher their instructions, you can buy videos on iTunes and download them to your computer.

I have a PC, not a Macbook, so I don't know how you get something to live on your computer instead of in the cloud. But if you are a Mac user, maybe you understand that.

Downloading takes some time. I own an amazon movie (not bought on iTunes) and I began downloading it... hmmmm... maybe 4 hours ago. It's still downloading. But if it stays on my computer, I'll be happy.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Be careful about buying a DVD player if you're going to Europe. It might not be compatible and might require a converter, which will add to the expense.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

I, too recommend Youtube if you don't have a DVD player. Have you tried the software called WonderShare? I download it on my computer and it allows me to download, archive, and organize all the youtube videos. I believe there's a paid and free version of the software.