Notices

Top 13 Cardio Exercises To Lose Weight

Old 01-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Banned

Default Top 13 Cardio Exercises To Lose Weight

Which cardio exercises are best for losing weight and how much weight should I aim to lose per week?
Your focus should be to burn one pound of body fat per week. Try creating a deficit of 500 calories per day for a total of 3,500 calories per week. There is 3,500 calories in one pound of body fat. The best approach is to fuel your body with high nutrient food and burn off the 500 calories through high intensity cardio. This will keep your metabolism high.
The best cardio exercise is simply the one you will do day in and day out consistently. Choose one which you enjoy doing and don't be afraid to mix the exercises up. Interval cardio work consists of moving from one exercise to another in set time intervals. For example, you could do the elliptical trainer for 15 minutes, then switch to the stationary bike for another 15 minutes and finish off on the treadmill for the last 15 minutes. Interval training is a great way to keep everything fresh! There are two schools of thought when it comes to cardio training. The "slow & steady" group and the "high intensity" group.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 01-25-2014 at 01:44 AM. Reason: removed link to website
Old 01-26-2014, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

So, what are the 13 best cardio exercises?
Thank's!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

I have found swimming laps to be the best cardio exercise for losing weight when comparing the exercise time to calories burned ratio. Cardio Circuit Training is probably next for me.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

I like to mix up my cardio by doing Zumba one day, Step Aerobics the next, and Power Yoga (it can get your HR up) the next. I also alternate by walking and doing Yin Yoga, but I do like the feeling of completing a cardio exercise.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:12 PM
FitDay Member

For cardio I also prefer swimming, as I have done number of exercise benefited at a single time.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Exercise

Reading this kind of post helps me a little bit and I learned something new in my daily exercise.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-16-2014 at 02:56 AM. Reason: link to website
Old 02-25-2014, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Stationary rowing is awesome to do at least once or twice a week. You'd be amazed at how fast you shed pounds on this machine while keeping impact low. Just don't start off too fast and every 5 minutes, do 1 minute of hard rowing, you'll feel it! lol
Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Don't forget stairs

I find stairs to be a complete cardio workout. If you are on a machine like Stiarmaster, try not to hold the bars. This will force you to tighten your core muscles as you control your equilibrium. Even better is to get into a local football stadium or arena and run the real thing. That will get your heart-a-pounding and sweat flowing. The longer/higher, the better. Running down stairs is beneficial too. On the way down you need to control your weight and momentum as you coordinate your steps. Awfully rewarding after a good 45-50minute workout.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:57 PM
FitDay Member

I heard more about this cardiac exercise, were it is only a part for the weight loose. If some one who is doing this for serious then you need to be take more care on the diet and eating habits and it will be better if you go for any weight loosing programs.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 04-17-2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: edited out link