Notices

first step for weight loss

Old 03-19-2014, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default first step for weight loss

Hey everyone..
I just want to know your view about effective weight loss.. what do you think which should be first step toward effective loss.. either it would workout or dieting..??
share your opinion with me...
Befittacoma boot camp

Last edited by kashra; 03-21-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with weightloser, I think you need to do both. However, if I had to choose only one, I would most definitely choose exercise. Food, for the most part, has never been much of an issue for me, so in order for me to lose weight I've had to increase the duration and intensity of my workouts...and be very consistent with getting in daily exercise!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kashra
Hey everyone..
I just want to know your view about effective weight loss.. what do you think which should be first step toward effective loss.. either it would workout or dieting..??
share your opinion with me...
Befittacoma boot camp
Good point.. but the first step of effective weight loss is yourself, how are you determined to loss weight. It composes your determination, your commitment and self-discpline, perseverance and optimistic mindset.
Ops! Sorry for inspiring words..
But Surely you can get your desired weight!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Banned

You then can follow your first step with next step composing steps or points you need to be working out. For example.. your goal weight, your routine exercise(better start of little times not with extensive work.out or there might be tendency that you will easily be discouraged), your diet.. and weight loss product is also a plus. Last thing.. continue to join any forums like this to gain deep grasp about weight loss.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Banned

I think the first step is dieting. Control your food, control your life.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 04-06-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:44 PM
FitDay Member

Decide how much weight you need to lose - Most people start their weight loss journey by claiming to be xyz kilos overweight. This isn't a healthy way to project or aim for weight loss. Calculate your desired weight against your height by using reliable methods like the BMI, and set a healthy weight loss target. This is often half the battle won.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

I think that everything starts in the kitchen. If you are not eating right it does not matter what you are doing in the gym. I have found this out the hard way, I would train my butt off but would refuse to eat right – as a result I became stronger, fitter, but I did not lose the weight. It starts in the kitchen…
Old 04-17-2014, 09:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Imho

I believe both are great... you need portion control and exercise.... although you can do it with either one... I am sure you have seen someone not eat or eat very little and waste away.... and you have probably seen someone become so committed to exercise that the body became very toned and sleek...

Which ever you choose it needs to be a lifestyle... that is something you can live with for the rest of your life....better food choices and being active in a way you enjoy.... if either goes against the grain, such as eating things you dont care for or killer exercise... it will not last...

I have a bad back, and one of the best exercises for my back is stair climbing... so once or twice a week I go to a local building that has stairs and climb .... the pain is an incentive to exercise. and as far as diet, I love food... the Atkins type diet works, but so does the vegetarian type... I love steamed veggies..so I alternate...according to my schedule...

Another key I feel to weight loss is not expecting too much too fast.... All these diet with "lose 30 pounds in a month" are poppy cock...You may be able to lose that much but it is short term... you will gain it back...your body fights to maintain a norm...and that is why losing weight is difficult... it is a survival technique...Personally I get a calendar and pick a day (M-S) and start with what I weigh now... and each week my goal is to drop 1 pound... Most of us can do that with our eyes shut...and you will have times that you lose 2 or more pounds... but dont vary from your 1 pound a week.... this gives you some "wiggle room" so if you have a bad day and you a need a Chocolate Milk shake... it is ok... you have a little wiggle room.. enjoy your shake... then back to the diet and exercise you love...... this way you can lose 52 pounds in 1 year... and that is a lot... and it is reasonable...
Old 04-18-2014, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Good advise posted already. One thing that has worked for me in the past was a plan where you change one thing each week. The first week you change your breakfast to make it more healthy, next week lunch and so on till you have the level of calories and nutrition you need to lose slowly.

Exercise is important for toning and mental health. There are many rewards to being active. The calories you burn in exercise can't compare to the calories you can cut by cutting out the high calorie foods and larger than life servings!

Other things besides diet and exercise are:
Educate yourself as to what size of portion is a serving. Lots of us serve about 3 times the amount.
Keep track of what you are eating. We all lie to ourselves about how much we eat.
Drink lots of water. We often mistake thirst for hunger.
Take your time. There is no use losing on a crash diet when the weight will come back with interest.
Slow and steady will lead to weight loss you can maintain
Old 04-21-2014, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

I think it is both exercise and eating healthier and eating less food for me. Once I start eating healthier and exercising I feel better about doing both activities, and look forward to my weight loss goal and feel it will be easier to obtain while doing both.
In the past, the days I ate crap I usually didn’t exercise.

I tend to have a semi-free day on Saturdays, but I also go for a 2 hour moderate to brisk walk/slow jog, I don’t eat crazy on weekends like I did in the past and that long walk forces me to eat healthier otherwise what was the purpose of the walk.