Vegetable Enchilada Casserole
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, cut in half and chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, seeded, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 c chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (red or green, whichever you prefer)
- 9 - 10 small corn tortillas (or omit)
- 2 c shredded cheese
1. Sautee red bell pepper and onion until a little softened.
2. Add in garlic, zucchini and squash. Cook until tender but still with bite.
3. In a large bowl mix together enchilada sauce and taco seasoning until incorporated.
4. Add in all other ingredients except tortillas and only 1/2 the cheese.
5. Tear tortillas into 4 or 5 pieces and add to bowl, Mix so they are well covered.
6. Put in a 9x13 sprayed pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes at 350F or until cheese is golden casserole is bubbly.
Start (1/9/14): 276.8
Goal (4/21/2015): 130ish
[COLOR="Purple"11 lbs to go until next mini goal.
Next big goal: ONEderland 12/25/2014[/color]