- 1 1/2 C quinoa
- 2 1/4 C vegetable broth
- 2 C rough chopped broccoli slaw
- 4 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/2 - 1 tsp red pepper flakes (omit if you don't like a kick)
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
1. In a pot heat oil over medium high. Add in broccoli slaw and cook 2 minutes.
2. Add almonds, sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes and cook 2 minutes. Put into a bowl and set aside.
3. Put quinoa and broth in the pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
4. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, covered.
5. Take off lid, add back in the broccoli and nuts, stir, cover it back up and let sit (off the heat) for another 5 minutes.
6. Stir in parsley flakes.
Start (1/9/14): 276.8
Goal (4/21/2015): 130ish
4 lbs to go until next mini goal. Target Aug. 8, 2014
Next big goal: ONEderland 12/25/2014