Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
Very tasty and convincing swap for cheesy potatoes!
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked, shredded.
- 1 Tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1/2 C light or fat free sour cream
- 1 1/2 c reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds. Place in a covered dish with 1/4" of water and microwave for 10-12 minutes (or cook in oven about 1 hour)
2. In a skillet over medium heat, add oil, onions, red pepper flakes and thyme and cook until onions are slightly golden.
3. Using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash out and put in a bowl. Combine squash, onions, sour cream, and 1/2 of the cheese. Mix well.
4. Transfer to a buttered or sprayed baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
Start (1/9/14): 276.8
Goal (4/21/2015): 130ish
4 lbs to go until next mini goal. Target Aug. 8, 2014
Next big goal: ONEderland 12/25/2014