Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th >

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Old 03-24-2014, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction.

Hi fitday friends. Here we are at the start of a new week!

I've made a personal decision that took me a while to come to...but I finally made up my mind. I've been spinning my wheels around the low 120's for several weeks now with a goal weight is 114 lbs. I've come to the realization that I'm at a healthy weight and that maybe pushing to reach 114 lbs. isn't necessary? However, the reason I picked that number is because that is what I weighed after I got back in shape after my last child....before I fell out of shape again...and I felt fantastic! But, at that time all I did was run..lots of cardio...but this time I've incorporated weights along with cardio into my workout regime. I have muscle I have never had before and I love the way it looks!! So should I keep pushing to reach a certain number on the scale or just be happy where I'm at and start the lifetime commitment of maintaining? My decision....I'm going to do one final push until the end of the Easter Challenge and whatever weight I end up at, that is what I'm going ot consider my goal and then I will start maintenance and continue to work on body composition.

So there you have it! I'm going to push hard for the next 25 days (I'll be out of town for the last Friday weigh in, so I'll be weighing in on the Thrusday instead) then let the chips fall where they may...so to speak I picked today's motivational quote because for the next 25 days, I want to wake up with determination and go to bed knowing I did all I could do that day to finally reach maintenance in the best way possible! Wish me luck!

My goals this week:

Keep calories under 1200 daily
Burn a minimum of 500 calories daily
Drink 96 oz. water daily

Have an awesome Monday all!! Let's make this a great week!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 03-24-2014 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

That's awesome Debbie. I think we all get focused on the number and it should be more where we feel comfortable.

Went for bloodwork this morning and the nurse got it first try. Woo hoo so happy. The last couple of times I've had it done it's taken 2 nurses 2 tries each (in there for at least 20 min). Had fasting so we went out for breakfast afterwards. Probably have soup and salad for lunch.

GOALS
1. Eat at least 4 servings of fruits and veggies.
I've been sorely lacking in this so I need to work on it!
2. 6 glasses of water at least.
3. Exercise 4X for 30 min.

Personal goals
1. Manage stress better and take time for myself
2. write
3. De-clutter basement--one bag at least

Jenn

Last edited by jjrudd; 03-24-2014 at 01:56 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-24-2014, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Had to change my routine checkup that was scheduled for the 28th. I have labs Wednesday morning, the 26th. The only ones we really need to monitor closely are blood sugar, triglycerides, and cholesterol which I expect to be high normal and that's fine since I've been able to manage them with no meds so far. Everything else is always normal. I expect my weight to be down only 2 lbs. or so from my last visit--but that's better than being UP 2 lbs.

Goals this week are to eat on plan
log my food
exercise 5 days
64 oz. water daily

Debbie, everyone is different, but I sincerely do applaud you on your decision. Our bodies go through many changes during life in metabolism and muscle mass and it is extremely possible that you are more healthy and physically fit now than ever before and that's what counts. What a great quote: " Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction."

Jenn, I hope your bloodwork comes out well. Kudos on them getting blood the first try!
Old 03-24-2014, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Ready for the last week of March. I will be motivated as I head for Vegas April 1st and want to be in good shape for walking and enjoying myself. Annual physical this afternoon. I can think of things I'd rather do.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I think that's a great decision to not focus on what the scale says and focus on what your body says. Like you said, you're more muscled and toned now, you're healthy, and you feel good about yourself. Sounds like a winning combination to me! And I really like the quote.

Mern, 2 lbs down for your visit is super. Definitely better than being up. Hope your blood tests are what you expect. Have missed you around here lately.

Jenn, hope your bloodwork comes out good for you!

I have an amazing update on my son. Not only is he down 15 lbs, but it is really showing on his frame as well. He's just turned 14, and at his largest he was about 177lbs (5'6.5"), an extra large shirt, and in pants he wore a 36 relaxed (baggy) fit. He now wears a large shirt, and if needed could get into a medium (but he likes them roomy). Last night he tried on pants to see where he's at. Can you believe it? A 33 regular fit! And all he's done is cut down on his portions, I stopped stocking the fridge with soda and we have less junk food in the house. I still buy him sodas on the road, and I still get him his Takis once every week or two. He's doing soooo well! I'm really curious to see where he's at on the growth chart now.

I am really happy that I had "take out" from my own fridge because this morning, even though I was up high on my calories the scale only shows a .6 gain. That'll be gone by tomorrow I bet! But the soda is getting out of control. Definitely have become addicted again. I'm still staying within my calorie range, but I'm sacrificing a lot of nutrition. I'm thinking I might try lemon slices in my water to give it some flavor so I don't feel like I'm drinking nothing.

Plan on trying some new veggies this week for vegetarian enchiladas. I'm also thinking about making zucchini and squash "pasta" and substituting that for the egg noodles in the tuna noodle casserole so I can have some. Thinking about making a frozen peach yogurt recipe as well as a pineapple whip recipe I found on Pinterest to add more fruits in.

My target calories are 1200-1400. Need to keep protein and fiber up. Need to keep blood glucose readings in check. More water, less soda. More veggies and fruits. Same stuff I've been working on. Hope to lose 2 lbs this week.

Have a good day all!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, wishing you great results on your physical and a wonderful vacation in Vegas next month.

Janai, thanks for your kind words. I just got really busy with family stuff last week and DH was using the computer in the evenings when I was too tired to post anyway. It's good to be back. Wow, that's marvelous news on your son's weight loss--not just the weight, but the measurements. What an accomplishment for a 14 year old--especially a boy! I would think it would be harden for 14 year old boys to be motivated. Good job on cutting down on the junk in the fridge for both him and you. Lemon in your water is a good idea--as a matter of fact, I think I'll add some to mine as soon as I'm done posting. Thanks for the idea. I love squash, but can't get DH to go for that. I made what to me was super-yummy lasagna with low net effective carb pasta (Dreamfields brand) and using pureed squash instead of ricotta cheese. DH didn't like it at all. Your zucchini and squash noodles sound yummy as ingredients in a tuna casserole. Kudos on your determination to work hard this week to eat nutritiously within your calorie range.

I'm experimenting today with making a low carb chicken stew. I stewed the chicken breasts with water, salt substitute, onion and celery. The veggies will be low carb green beans, cauliflower, and broccoli. Also will have some potato in there for DH that I won't eat. The sauce will be Classico Roasted Red Pepper sauce (four--used to be three-- net carbs per 1/4 cup serving) to which I will add some sodium free chicken bouillon granules that I hope will make it taste like chicken gravy.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default thanks

Thanks for all the ideas and recommendations !
I do Zumba twice a week normally - sometimes 3. Although working nights means I get a little too tired to work out daily LOL. Hope to maintain shape by working out Zumba and also in my local gym doing spinning and sometimes a CXworks class. That should slow the aging process by keeping in shape.
It helps allot. Appreciate the dieting ideas. Water is important too
Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai,

Do you like herbal teas? I picked up a new one on Sunday to try, it is Bengal Spice, and I could see it being a substitute for pop. It is quite lovely and flavourful
Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Checking back it to report on my day. I'm off to a strong start...as always...it's the end of the week where I start to struggle. I woke up with determination this morning and happy to report I'll be hitting the hay with complete satisfaction. I did all I could do and more!

Keep calories under 1200 daily - Mon - yes
Burn a minimum of 500 calories daily - Mon - yes
Drink 96 oz. water daily - Mon - yes

Jenai
- I don't normally suggest artificial sweetened stuff, but since you seem to really enjoy soda, can you switch to the diet kind? I like Bea's suggestion of herbal teas. In fact, when I was pregnant, I drank chilled fruity herbal teas.

Mary - Vegas eh!?!?! Bring back the sunshine with you!

Jenn - Hope your blood work comes back all good!'

Mern
- Hope your stew turns out yummy! I experimented tonight as well! I made myself a Chicken Taco Salad and it was very satisfying...but I'm still a little hungry so I may have to have a little snack before bed. Still have lots of room in my calorie bank

See you all tomorrow!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Eat at least 4 servings of fruits and veggies. no
I've been sorely lacking in this so I need to work on it!
2. 6 glasses of water at least. yes
3. Exercise 4X for 30 min. no

Personal goals
1. Manage stress better and take time for myself BIG FAIL maybe I should add patience to my goals??
2. write
3. De-clutter basement--one bag at least

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.