View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
JediMindTricks
FitDay Member

Default Made Over Tuna Casserole

This Tuna Casserole is made over by eliminating the pasta and replacing it with zucchini and Mexican squash.

I used a spiralizer (Google vegetable spiralizer) to make my squash into curly Q spaghetti. If you don't have a spiralizer I'm sure it would work just as well to finely julienne the squash, skin and all.

For 4 servings I would suggest 2 zucchini and 1 Mexican squash (if you can't find Mexican squash---I found mine at Sprout's---just do more zucchini).

In a bowl mix together:
* 2 small cans Cream of Mushroom soup
* 1 can milk of your choice (I used 1%)
* 2 small cans drained tuna (packed in water, not oil), flake it with a fork.
* 1 C shredded cheese of your choice. I usually use an Italian blend or Colby Jack
* 1 C peas
* 1/4 C dried minced onions
* Salt and Pepper to taste

Stir it up. Spray a baking dish with pan spray, put the casserole in the oven and bake at 400F for about 25 minutes or until bubbly.

When I made mine tonight, I was making a single serving, so I'm a little bit guessing on the amounts of everything. If you want, (but beware of the calories) for some crunch and extra onion flavor, top with a bit of french fried onions that you get in the vegetable section of the grocery store (I did! Love those things!).

Approx. Nutritional Information (per svg, makes 4):
346 calories, 17.8g fat, 7.6g sat fat, 61.7mg chol, 1575mg sodium, 297mg potassium, 21g carb, 4.7g fiber, 21.8g protein. Calories can be reduced by using 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, skim milk or almond milk, and reduced fat cheese. 98% fat free soup and reduced fat cheese will also reduce sodium some.

I hope you like it as much as I did!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Minizucchininoodletunacasserole2.jpg (25.1 KB, 27 views)

Start (1/9/14): 276.8
Goal: 130ish
Current: 248.6

The only goal I have right now is to get my ass in gear and get the scale moving the other way!

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 03-26-2014 at 06:44 AM.
JediMindTricks is offline   Reply With Quote