View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Mary, wishing you great results on your physical and a wonderful vacation in Vegas next month.

Janai, thanks for your kind words. I just got really busy with family stuff last week and DH was using the computer in the evenings when I was too tired to post anyway. It's good to be back. Wow, that's marvelous news on your son's weight loss--not just the weight, but the measurements. What an accomplishment for a 14 year old--especially a boy! I would think it would be harden for 14 year old boys to be motivated. Good job on cutting down on the junk in the fridge for both him and you. Lemon in your water is a good idea--as a matter of fact, I think I'll add some to mine as soon as I'm done posting. Thanks for the idea. I love squash, but can't get DH to go for that. I made what to me was super-yummy lasagna with low net effective carb pasta (Dreamfields brand) and using pureed squash instead of ricotta cheese. DH didn't like it at all. Your zucchini and squash noodles sound yummy as ingredients in a tuna casserole. Kudos on your determination to work hard this week to eat nutritiously within your calorie range.

I'm experimenting today with making a low carb chicken stew. I stewed the chicken breasts with water, salt substitute, onion and celery. The veggies will be low carb green beans, cauliflower, and broccoli. Also will have some potato in there for DH that I won't eat. The sauce will be Classico Roasted Red Pepper sauce (four--used to be three-- net carbs per 1/4 cup serving) to which I will add some sodium free chicken bouillon granules that I hope will make it taste like chicken gravy.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight9/5/2013 226 with an eye on "Onederland"
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote