View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
JediMindTricks
FitDay Member

Debbie, I think that's a great decision to not focus on what the scale says and focus on what your body says. Like you said, you're more muscled and toned now, you're healthy, and you feel good about yourself. Sounds like a winning combination to me! And I really like the quote.

Mern, 2 lbs down for your visit is super. Definitely better than being up. Hope your blood tests are what you expect. Have missed you around here lately.

Jenn, hope your bloodwork comes out good for you!

I have an amazing update on my son. Not only is he down 15 lbs, but it is really showing on his frame as well. He's just turned 14, and at his largest he was about 177lbs (5'6.5"), an extra large shirt, and in pants he wore a 36 relaxed (baggy) fit. He now wears a large shirt, and if needed could get into a medium (but he likes them roomy). Last night he tried on pants to see where he's at. Can you believe it? A 33 regular fit! And all he's done is cut down on his portions, I stopped stocking the fridge with soda and we have less junk food in the house. I still buy him sodas on the road, and I still get him his Takis once every week or two. He's doing soooo well! I'm really curious to see where he's at on the growth chart now.

I am really happy that I had "take out" from my own fridge because this morning, even though I was up high on my calories the scale only shows a .6 gain. That'll be gone by tomorrow I bet! But the soda is getting out of control. Definitely have become addicted again. I'm still staying within my calorie range, but I'm sacrificing a lot of nutrition. I'm thinking I might try lemon slices in my water to give it some flavor so I don't feel like I'm drinking nothing.

Plan on trying some new veggies this week for vegetarian enchiladas. I'm also thinking about making zucchini and squash "pasta" and substituting that for the egg noodles in the tuna noodle casserole so I can have some. Thinking about making a frozen peach yogurt recipe as well as a pineapple whip recipe I found on Pinterest to add more fruits in.

My target calories are 1200-1400. Need to keep protein and fiber up. Need to keep blood glucose readings in check. More water, less soda. More veggies and fruits. Same stuff I've been working on. Hope to lose 2 lbs this week.

Have a good day all!

Start (1/9/14): 276.8
Goal: 130ish
Current: 248.6

The only goal I have right now is to get my ass in gear and get the scale moving the other way!
JediMindTricks is offline   Reply With Quote