Notices

Balanced Diet?

Old 03-03-2014, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Question Balanced Diet?

Has anyone tried just eating a "balanced" diet and setting a calorie limit? That seems like an approach that could last long term and into maintenance?
Old 03-03-2014, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

That's my plan. It's sticking to the calorie limit that's hard. Looking at the pie chart of protein,carbs, fat and alcohol keeps me posted about managing the balance.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Balanced diet is a method to take some healthy food.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Nutritional Values

I think a calorie diet is the only way to go. I believe in a balanced diet (50% carbs, 25% protein, 25% fiber. I've heard too many horror stories with other diets. I don't believe in taking supplements. So, I check my Total Nutrition daily. I make sure I'm near 100% of the RDA. Makes dieting fun when you can shop for foods for their nutritional value instead of just picking up junk food.

Good luck.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:50 PM
FitDay Member

When we use glucose in tissue respiration we need Oxygen. This process produces Carbon Dioxide and water and releases energy for other processes.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:41 PM
FitDay Member

A diet based on starchy foods such as potatoes, bread, rice and pasta; with plenty of fruit and vegetables; some protein-rich foods such as meat, fish and lentils; some milk and dairy foods; and not too much fat, salt or sugar, will give you all the nutrients you need.

I must tell very good diet.....