Thread: Encouragement
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
wildbeanerz
FitDay Member

After having lost quite a bit of weight I noticed a few things. You will lose inches sometimes and sometimes you will lose pounds. Losing either is a good thing and just because the scale doesn't move doesn't mean you aren't doing better. Take some measurements every once in a while. Take a progress picture once a month. You will see the differences even if your scale does not.

The other thing I noticed is that your body will change and sometimes you will not like how it changes. For me, I go through stages where my skin becomes saggy and then it tightens back up. It has to do with losing the fat beneath it and building muscle to replace it and skin elasticity. But it can be very discouraging to look at your thighs and think they look awesome because they are smaller but then catch sight of yourself walking and see them jiggling & wiggling.

It all comes with the territory and it can all be very hard emotionally. Having a group to talk to about it really does help. Come on over and join in the motivational thread. I think you will like it.

331.2 lbs 02.21.11 (start) size 28W-30W jeans
229.2 lbs 08.06.12 (best so far) size 16W
263.4 lbs 03.03.14 (current)

Progress 67.8 lbs - 20% of my original weight

Pictures...
New Collage April 2012

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a newdream. ... CS Lewis
wildbeanerz is offline   Reply With Quote