Notices

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Old 03-09-2014, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

You get what you work for, not what you wish for.

Good morning fitday friends Welcome to a new week....a new week to keep pushing forward toward reaching our goals. I chose today's motivational quote as a reminder to us all that what we have to work for what we want. I can't tell you how many times, in the past, I would say to a friend or think to myself "I wish I could just lose x number of pounds" or "I wish I had the motivation to stick to a workout or diet". Those of us who choose to do something about our weight know what it means to work. Losing weight takes real work, no amount of wishing will make it happen. Doing the work is not easy, but it is so worth it! Our health, our outlook on life, our family and friends all benifit from our decisions to work towards our goal of healhty weight loss. Let's all do our very best to make this another great week!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 03-10-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

I just realized there's a typo in the title....can a moderator fix this? The perfectionist in me will cringe every time I see my type

My goals for this week will be almost the same as last week. I'm not willing to give up wine on the weekend, so there's no point in putting it in my goals...it only will make me feel like I failed. Tracking calories is making me crazy, but I had such a good loss on the scale last week that I think I'll stick to counting for a few more weeks...especially since I'm aiming to get to goal by Easter!

1. Track calories
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning 40 min interval workout) M - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout...anything goes) 4x
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily
5. No alcohol Sun - Thurs

I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing and what the goals are for the week ahead!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

What's the typo? How do you want it to read?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Motivational Thrad March 10 - March 16 should read Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16...I missed the 'e' in Thread. Thanks Kathy!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the motivational post. I really blew it Saturday as I was not feeling well and craved pasta. The 3 pound gain is going away after a day back on track. I think that is one of the greatest things about Fitday. We learn it's not the failures that count - it's getting back on track as soon as possible and not quiting. On fad diets or in the old days a day off track was enough to make me stop my program. One major thing we learn on here is everyone lapses.

Here's to a great week. 10 pounds by Easter? I'm thinking about it.

My goal this week. Work out, eat well, drink water, get outside, enjoy life, do something physical I could not have done 2 months ago.

Debbie - I like Thrad - had to hunt to find your typo once you mentioned it!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
...it's not the failures that count - it's getting back on track as soon as possible and not quiting. On fad diets or in the old days a day off track was enough to make me stop my program. One major thing we learn on here is everyone lapses.
Well said Mary!!! I couldn't agree more!

Another thing that used to derail me was the number on the scale. For whatever reason, I've moved past that! In the past, if it was down, I thought I was doing so well and would 'cheat'....very counterproductive! If it was up, I was so down on myself....and would 'cheat' because I felt defeated. Now I simply use the scale as a guage....some days it's up other days it's down, but as long as overall I'm sticking to my personal plan, the scale will move down in time. Maybe I've finally gained patience for this process!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much for this post, "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." ~ Earl Nightingale ~" is precisely what I needed to hear (or read) this morning
Old 03-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

I fixed it as soon as I saw it. Was going to fix your "fiday" friends part too.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

I fixed it as soon as I saw it. Was going to fix your "fiday" friends part too.

1) 3l water
2) workout 3 times
3) walk 3 miles
4) 3 fruits and veggies
Old 03-10-2014, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

'Fitday friends' - done, Mike!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.