Notices

eating 80% raw/vegan

Old 11-21-2013, 09:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default eating 80% raw/vegan

I am tracking my food intake for nutritional purposes not weight loss - I want to maintain my weight and get the most bang for my buck so to speak. My DCI is 2169.
I do not eat dairy,eggs,grains, refined sugar,processed food or meats,and certain fruits or vegetables as I have food sensitivities to them.I was surprised to see that my blended fruit and vegetable smoothies - three a day plus a serving of protein and three vegetable servings at dinner are exceding my recommended calorie intake by 22 calories and my only low items nutritionally are vitamin d ( I supplement) and am on the high end and I could do better with my calcium intake although it is almost RDA.All other nutrients are 1 to four times higher then the RDA.
Is any one else eating a raw or mostly raw diet? How is it working for you? Is anyone else considering eating a high nutrition diet?
Old 12-29-2013, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hi. I think you would get more responses if you posted this in the Diets thread instead of the Success thread. I too am following a plant based diet, although I do eat grains. Have just started tracking as I have been more of a "junk food" vegan of late (due to high stress, death in family, moving, loss of job, etc) than a healthy, high nutrition vegan.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

I eat a paleo based diet and eat a LOT of greens. I originally cut out wheat, barley, rye and oats, due to gluten sensitivity, but then cut out all grains and realized I felt soooo much better. I then cut out dairy, except organic Ghee once in a while, which is lactose and casein free and that helped a lot too. I agree that it is more important to be eating a high nutrition diet than trying to cut calories eating junk food. I did put on 5 holiday pounds though, and that is also due to a slack on my workouts as well. This cold weather is so depressing. Cant wait until the first day in the 50s even. I'll gladly jog outside in my hoodie. :P