View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 05:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
JediMindTricks
FitDay Member

Hi, all. I was on briefly a while back, but didn't last long. I'm recommitted now and some things have changed. I gave up diet soda (that's all I would drink all day), and I'm now drinking lots of water. I haven't noticed any difference, and it's been a couple months, but I know it's better for me nonetheless. I am also exercising this time. My teenage son and I have been doing a weight/cardio circuit 3x/week that lasts 30 minutes. We started about 2 weeks ago. Right now I can only do once around, but maybe next month we'll shoot for 2x around for an hour workout. But baby steps are good. He keeps me motivated and makes me go even when I don't feel like getting up off my butt. I've already been able to increase weight on many machines, an I have increased my steps during cardio a lot.

I'm having a hard time getting my protein in. I'm interested in some of the protein shakes you all are talking about, but are they high in calories? Mern, I have found that the best cookbook on the planet is Pinterest. You can find recipes of any type on there, including low carb. I use it all the time, and have found many many recipes that my whole family loves. I recommend trying it if you haven't already. Also great resource for paleo, gluten free, low cal, etc.

My goals are
1. Exercise 3x, and maybe even 4.
2. Increase protein

Keeping it simple so I don't get overwhelmed from the get-go.

Start (1/9/14): 276.8
Goal: 130ish
Current: 248.6

The only goal I have right now is to get my ass in gear and get the scale moving the other way!
JediMindTricks is offline   Reply With Quote