View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kathy13118
Super Moderator

I googled it and it seems to be a 'mind over matter' type approach, with organic foods. Normal weight loss is fewer calories in (diet) and more calories out (exercise), and there's no way around that. If someone tries to sell you something that purports to be different (it will eventually end up being fewer calories and/or more exercise), then there's something strange going on. And possibly costing you money, now or later.

That's not to say that a kind of self-hypnotism can't be very powerful. I think the success of a very low calorie diet I went on years ago was partly due to a 'relaxation' session with a nurse at the beginning of the diet. It sounded a lot like a hypnotism session to me, with positive messages, deep breathing and relaxing in a small room with other dieters.

I have several 'self-hypnotism' CDs that I made from downloading free podcasts on iTunes. It's been difficult for me to have the self-discipline to set aside the time, in a darkened room, with all the concentration you need, and lack of interruptions, to even stick with these 'sessions' for a week! I guess the best weight loss efforts are those that you fit into your lifestyle.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-18-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Kathy13118 is offline   Reply With Quote