Notices

picky eater

Old 01-15-2014, 06:18 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb picky eater

i am trying to eat better but im very picky about what i eat and was wondering if i can get any ideas about eating better that well dont taste like grass?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Adding some herbs and spices to your greens will really change your opinion about foods 'tasting like grass.' Start with flavors you know and like. It depends on the cuisines that you like, too - mediterranean, middle eastern, eastern european, whatever. Each cuisine has their own special flavors.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:32 PM
FitDay Member

well can i get some ideas maybe for recipes
im new to this and my dr wants me on a 1500 calorie diet
im am also new to this site and posting so i hope i put this in the right spot
Old 01-16-2014, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there! I've found www.kalynskitchen.com to be a great resource for recipes. Another site I like is 101cookbooks.com Unfortunately, both of those sites don't post nutritional breakdown, but you can always plug in the ingredients here on fitday to get that. Another one I use allllll the time is allrecipes.com

Hope this helps you to get started!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Another thing you might try is just experimenting with the things that you know you like. Try adding some more vegetables or fruits as an ingredient, to something that you know you already enjoy. The vegetables and fruits are generally lower in calories and because they have fiber, they help to make you feel 'full.' Then, when you get used to that, you can make some more improvements to the same dish by gradually using less fat (less fatty cut of meat, for example, less oil in preparation). Eventually, you'll find something you like and has some healthful improvements to it!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Use Google for "Healthy eating" recipes to find recipes

Here is an example of food, with pictures of a person who made similar lifestyle changes including eating/cooking a healthier diet The Healthy Foodie : Who says eating healthy has to be boring?

Another site
Bobby Flay Fit : Recipes and Cooking : Food Network

Good luck with the 1500 calories restriction! Best to track by writing down everything you eat.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

are you trying to eat something healthy for weight loss? I have tried one meal that is healthy and as well as tasty try omelet with feta and broccoli. mix this when preparing omelet. this is very delicious. i eat it with brown bread.