Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Just starting a new thread for us!! Come join us in our journey for the month of May.... be sure to check out the new posts in the old thread!!
happy mothers day...
Old 05-09-2010, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Mother's day all you fabulous beauties!!!! I had a very nice and sweet Mother's Day, spent the whole day at home with just my DH and kiddies (very unusual that). It was gorgeous out, so we tended the yard and some of the flower beds. They go all the way around the house and line the side and back yard, so this project will go on all summer really, but we got the 2 primary ones spruced up a bit. They were weeded, pruned, mulched and Preened. What a fantastic start to the growing season! And I've now got all sorts of ideas and energy for making the whole of it even nicer.

Then I took a quick rinse in the tub to get the mulch off before we went out to dinner. Normally I shower, but I wanted to shave my legs and soak for a few minutes. And guess what? My fanny no longer creates a dam in the tub, sealing it from side to side, the water flows all around me now. I am a rock, I am an island. Sorry to over share, but the first time my butt filled the tub side to side I burst into tears, because that's when I knew that I was really really fat.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-10-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

I know what you mean there Lol! i used to hate getting in the bath and all the water would come over the sides or if i stayed in when tap running ther would be no water behind me. I also had to lift my fat up to shave my lady bits.
All this has changed now tho and i can enjoy a really deep bath and i no longer have to move my stomach-yeah its there but i can actually see my parts more clearly to shave. Sorry for the details. Id also like to say its amazing that that part can actually slim down! Am i the only one who had fat in places i didnt want? Not anymore tho just 2 stone to go for my goal!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

No you are not the only one that got fat in places like that. Not to over share, but I have stretch marks on places other than my stomach from pregnancy. All I'm saying is that was never mentioned as a possible side effect of pregnancy in any of the pregnancy books or pamphlets I read. Imagine my surprise... Of course I have a skinny friend that got no stretch marks, she got the brown line instead, her DD is 8 almost 9, but the crooked brown line has never faded. Ahhh the Gods of Motherhood are fair and equal after all....

Don't you think a girl ought to know those things ahead of time? Weeelllll then again maybe not or the human race might just die out.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker and Tracey - I avoid taking baths too because who wants to sit there and stare at their own fat?!?! Congrats to both of you for looking better in the tub - too funny!

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. I did pretty well considering that my mother-in-law ended up changing her menu and fixed hamburgers and pasta salad with balsamic vinegar dressing instead. I had a small hamburger with no bun and about a cup of pasta salad, no chips, and skipped her fudge brownies for dessert. Thought I did pretty well! Plus we went on a long walk at the local arboretum and I played outside with my little guy when we got home. All in all, a great day and no diet sabotaging!

Here's to another healthy week! Skinny vibes to all of you!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Oof. I way over did yesterday. My oldest really wanted to make crepes (we call them "skinny pancakes") for breakfast for me, so we did and I had some and they were delish, and then I really didn't eat the rest of the day. Until dinner.

I ground roast for burgers (much leaner, but I can't find a good approximation on fitday and settled for 15% fat) and made homemade, whole wheat buns. My SIL brought two potato salads and mom made a cut fruit salad, no sweetener added thank heavens. My oldest daughter also made--wait for it--white chocolate raspberry brownies.

As my nephew said--the best brownies I've ever eaten.

I am still under the calories that Fitday says I can eat and lose, but only by 10 or so...and I don't believe them anyway. I'm trying to stick to 1200 to 1400 calories per day...I blew it.

On a happier note though I spent several hours on Saturday building two patios--pavers are HEAVY--and I know I burned a LOT of calories with that. And of course all the house cleaning Sunday in preparation for dinner with the family.

But I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by how badly I ate this weekend.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Don't feel too bad montanacricket, I over did it too. I was really good through breakfast and lunch, then I got hungry and started snacking earlier than usual. I had good snacks, but too many of them. Then we went out to dinner and I ordered one of the 550 calorie meals, but then I had a couple of chicken wings and a couple of fries and a sip of beer and before I knew what hit me I was 500 calories over my absolute highest limit. Today I paid for it on the scale, not only that but my tummy got used to all that extra food instantaneously and now I'm starving again today.

So what, we dropped an egg, better put the carton back in the fridge before we drop another eh?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Don't feel too bad montanacricket, I over did it too. I was really good through breakfast and lunch, then I got hungry and started snacking earlier than usual. I had good snacks, but too many of them. Then we went out to dinner and I ordered one of the 550 calorie meals, but then I had a couple of chicken wings and a couple of fries and a sip of beer and before I knew what hit me I was 500 calories over my absolute highest limit. Today I paid for it on the scale, not only that but my tummy got used to all that extra food instantaneously and now I'm starving again today.

So what, we dropped an egg, better put the carton back in the fridge before we drop another eh?
You are absolutely right! I do worry about when I retire someday though. Not only do I love to cook, but I tend to blow it more on days that I'm not working....But I may as well not borrow trouble at this point!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

I tend to blow it on Sundays. On Saturdays I go to the gym and kick my own behind every stinking time, so I usually behave the rest of the day. But Sunday is my day off from working out and I spend the whole day grazing. It's awful.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Just to add same here on stretch marks, in them regions and everywhere else. You would have though my babies came out of my arms and legs if you seen them. there are more here then on my belly. My youngest is 5 and a half and i can happily say they have dramatically faded but it took alot of time. Im used to them now though but do worry that when the weight comes off my skin may look more wrinkly with having stretch marks. I suppose being slim will compensate though and im not panicking yet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.