Notices

Anybody drinking green tea for weight loss?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Anybody drinking green tea for weight loss?

I just started drinking it. Making your own is easy and comes out great if you've got an iced tea maker. I drink mine straight up with no additives whatsoever and it tastes very good and is very refreshing.

I've been reading a lot about how it helps to burn belly fat. I really don't know what's taken me so long to start drinking this amazing leaf. One study says that it's better than drinking just plain water. Amazing.

Anybody drinking it for weight loss?

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-23-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

I try to drink 6 cups a day -- 3 pots. When I am drinking it I am usually doing well with the weight loss, however I'm usually in more control of my diet and exercise as well. When they go off kilter the green tea seems to go with them. I also like the white tea and herbal Chai. Mary
Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Natalie, have you tried making your own? I tried the bottled kind, artificially sweetened (YUCK!) and couldn't even finish it it tasted so disgusting. It tasted like drinking chemicals.

Mary, well they do say it helps raise the metabolism as well.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

I don't like the way it taste but I have made green sun tea and everyone liked it.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

I go through phases where I drink different types of teas, but I have to say some of my best healthiest feeling days involved me drinking at least 3 cups of the stuff. IF you don't like the taste, add a squirt of lemon and a little honey and it's delicious.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Nailkita
IF you don't like the taste, add a squirt of lemon and a little honey and it's delicious.
That's a great tip! I personally don't mind the taste, but I think it still tastes a bit "grassy". I'm going to try the lemon and honey.

Have you tried lime? I'm wondering how it would taste with lime and honey. I've always got limes on hand but never lemons.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

No I haven't, perhaps tonight I will since I'm stocked on limes right now
Old 09-26-2011, 05:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default green tea

Yes its a true fact that drinking green tea helps a lot in weight loss. Green tea is having lots of pure ingredients which is really very much useful for our body which in turn leads to good diet and thus makes a fatty body to a slim one.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:48 PM
FitDay Member

I had my first cup of green tea this evening, because my trainer keeps bugging me about it. It wasn't horrible, but it sure wasn't something I really wanted to drink. I used a Splenda packet on it, and that was much better.

Can anyone explain why it's supposed to be so good for you?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Apriltini
I had my first cup of green tea this evening, because my trainer keeps bugging me about it. It wasn't horrible, but it sure wasn't something I really wanted to drink. I used a Splenda packet on it, and that was much better.

Can anyone explain why it's supposed to be so good for you?
A co-worker recently convinced me to try a cup. Surprising, I don't hate it and I've never been a tea drinker. I've committed to two cups a day (no sweetener). Here's the wiki on it, all sorts of (purported) benefits. At the very least, it's more water w/no calories!

Green tea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.