View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Prospect84
FitDay Member

7 weeks

So saturday, Feb. 1st was seven weeks. I weighed in saturday morning at 279.8 which is the first time I've weighed in below 280. To be honest, it's been a pretty long time since I've been under 280 period... Probably a couple years. So it felt pretty good to see a number below 280.

I don't know if I would call it a Plateau but it seems like I hit 285 really quick and the last 5 pounds have slowed down a lot. It's still coming down but I feel like I am going to have to ramp up my exercise routine some if I want to kick my weight loss in the butt. So this week and beyond I'm going to increase the aggressiveness of my weight training. I feel stronger from the weight training I have done and feel like I should be able to get a little more intensity out of my workouts. Friday I bought a bench to go with my Powerblock dumbells. Got a good lift in friday evening, and saturday morning I got in 45 minutes on the elliptical. Whole body was a little sore on Sunday but it was a relaxing day getting ready for a terrible Superbowl.

With 5 weeks to go to my short term goal of 270. It's right around 2lbs. a week which should not be an issue so long as I stay after it. I have been thinking about a more long term goal.... But I think rather than setting a goal weight, I'm going to set my next goal to be as healthy as possible by October when I turn 30... When I do get to 270, I want to start taking my cardio exercise outside and do some real running/jogging instead of just using the elliptical. 30lbs lighter it shouldn't be quite as hard on my joints. I want to be able to jog a mile under 10 minutes... That's not blazing fast but to reach that I will have to jog steady without many walking breaks...

Hope everyone else is achieving their goals!
Thanks for stopping in

Dustin.
Missed it by a week, but still a success in my book! Next goal, 220lbs by age 30... Oct, 22 2014!

(Current) 3/15/2014 @ 270.2
Prospect84 is offline   Reply With Quote