5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 5/11/2010

Old 05-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 5/11/2010

Take it away, ladies
Old 05-10-2010, 10:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies!

I weight in at 129 lbs today, so I've gained one pound since last week.
It doesn't come as a surprise though, since I spend the weekend with my parents who always make quite an occasion out of my visit (especially my dad who loves to treat me to his newest Lucullan discoveries) and with whom I find it very hard to discuss my weight anyway. I did count my calories (which I'm proud of since I had no access to the internet) and tried to compensate by going to the swimming pool and going for long walks.
Right now I don't mind too much, since I can definitely see a change in the shape of my thighs which is great!

And thank you so much for the warm words I received last week - having support makes all the difference
Old 05-10-2010, 10:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

I've lost 2# this week, back down to 145! Half way to my goal, 10 more to go. I'm really going to need your support this week...we are having my kids birthday parties this weekend as well as a date night with the hubby to one of our favorite restaurants. Luckily it is a tapas restaurant so the portions are small. I will just need to take it easy on the sangria

MollySue, great job keeping track of your calories while you were at home. I know how hard it is to visit home and the food that goes with it. When I was home over Easter I gained 4 pounds! Hang in there, you are doing it!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Ladies, I have not been great about logging in my food this week and haven't been posting anything because I have been insanely busy, but I have been reading past posts when I get a chance and cheering you all on silently.

If I was consistent in logging in my food, I would be able to know if I am eating more or less calories than I was ,because I am down 1 1/2 pounds this week, and am thrilled, but don't know why. Oh well, I'll take it!

agarner-Congratulations on the loss! You will do great with your eating this week. Just keep focusing on your goal and not the momentary pleasure of throwing food caution to the wind.

mollysue-Good for you keeping track of your calories without internet access and exercising too. When I visit family, I find it hard to stay on track. You will have that pound off in no time.

Jan 1, 2010 143
May 11th 133
Old 05-10-2010, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

Molly Sue and Andrea: You both sound like you are in "the zone". Great job!

Well, this has probably been the worst week I've done since I began tracking in January, nutrition-wise. I won't go into the ugly details at the airport in Atlanta yesterday...had 4-hour layover and was running on 2 hours sleep. Anyways, I'm up 2# (that is temporary) but measurements are the same. Back to basics this week!

On the positive side, I was able to maintain my exercise routine (usually the easier part of the equation for me).

Glad to be back online with you striving ladies!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Mambo, you must have been posting while I was typing...way to go on your progress...woo hoo!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies..
I am still on the slow side .. This week my pants are feeling a little loose but not much change in the weight.. I did pretty good as far as the portions except had more carbs then I should have. I charted everything in fit day daily so i am glad that's helping me.

Starting weight- 145 lbs (05/01/2010)

Goal weight- 130 Ibs (06/30/2010)
Old 05-11-2010, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Three Month Mark For Maintainence

Andrea* You're 1/2 way there! That's a huge accomplishment! Be proud of your milestone.

Mambo* I know exactly what you're saying about crazy schedules... ugh. Hang in there. Summer's almost here. You're down 10 pounds! Another great milestone!

Beth* Glad to have you back. I bet the time spent with family was worth both of those two pounds and much more! Should have called Cassie when at the airport to bring you some carrot sticks or something! lol

As for me, still maintaining. This weeks goal is to try and bring more variety into my diet. I've found that if I eat the same things pretty much every day, I'll maintain but not the wisest idea nutrition-wise. With all of the wonderful fruits and veggies coming in, it shouldn't be hard. I read an article in Prevention yesterday that said if you continue to count calories and log food after you reach your goal, you may be obsessing. But, seriously, I'm not sure how to do it without watching my calorie and ratio amounts without slipping back into old habits. hmm..... It also said that if you label foods as "good" or "bad" that that was obsessive, as well. (...which I always do.) I suppose I can stop logging for a week and see what happens, but it seems really dumb.

Guess the key is to do what works for us.
Congratulations, everyone!

quinn
Old 05-11-2010, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Some great stats here congratulations to you, and to those who haven't done so well, we all have bad weeks so don't beat yourself and just stay on track - this was my downfall previously, I'd have a bad week or two and give in and guess where that got me... "no-where"!

I'm down 3lbs to 139.8lbs this morning, so back in the 139's and back to my pre-op break and pre-holiday weight so I am pleased with that even though I know it's easy to get those first few pounds off... now comes the tough part... but the good news is I am walking lots, doing my physio exercises and I should be back to cycling within a few weeks.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats, MollySue, on holding your own when visiting the family. That is always a challenge. Good for you for changing those thighs...that is my ultimate goal now

Andrea and Mambo...right on track and working toward your goals! Glad your dedication paid off for you with a loss this week!

Beth...don't even get me started on the Atlanta airport! With parking and delays and general chaos, we usually drive if we can...when we visit MD, we stop overnight in Roanoke . Sounds like maintaining your exercise was as easy as breathing to you, so congrats for that. Hope you had a wonderful week with your daughter and her family. I'm sure you miss them already but in a way there is some relief to getting back to normal routines.

Myra, sounds like you are off to a solid start in building the good habits. Good work; it will pay off!

Quinn, congrats on the three months . Way to go! Was thinking about what to post...great minds think alike...I was going to address the variety issue as well today. I'm starting to feel like I eat the same things and do the same exercises; not every day, obviously, but there are certain things I pick from and I really need to get more adventurous.

Missmatch, just saw your post! I'm excited for you! Three pounds and into the 130s! Very nice!

This is a crazy time of year for us, too...last two weeks of school and sports and concerts coming faster than I can keep track; we weren't home one night last week. Dinner is challenging when you don't have enough time to plan it, let alone cook it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.