Notices

Motivational Thread - January 20-26

Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread - January 20-26

“The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” ― Alyson Noel
Old 01-20-2014, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Good Monday morning all!

I thought I would get us started this morning with an inspirational quote. Hope you like it and it inspires you to continue to move forward in your personal quest. I've seen a lot of great posts here in the past few weeks. People really giving it their all! I've also read posts where some have struggled, perhaps even continue to struggle. If there is one thing I've learned over the past several months is losing weight is not a easy task. If it were easy, we wouldn't be hearing about an obesity epidemic. However....I've also learned is that it's not impossible to lose weight. Each and everyone of us here has the potential to reach our goal weights. We just have to keep moving forward. If you had a bad day yesterday, leave it there in the past. Today is a new day. Treat it with respect

I personally had an off day yesterday. I didn't exercise and I ended up eating Chinese takeout for dinner. However, that was yesterday which I no longer have control over, but I do have control over what I do today. Today, I'll be doing a double workout....the one I had planned yesterday and the one I had planned for today. I'll also be getting in lots of water to help wash out all the excess sodium. I'll be planning dinner ahead of time so I don't end up famished with little desire to cook

Wishing you all a fantastic week! Let's make this week epic!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

I did a walk, run work out, some upper body work with hand weights and will do some yoga before bed. My eating was on track as well so I had a good day. I hope to have better than a pound loss on the scale on Friday.

Weeks Goals
Calories under 1200 Y
Treadmill 3X Y
Hand weights 3X Y
Water 6 glasses Y
lose 1 pound a week
Post every day and weigh in on Friday no matter what

Last edited by libby116; 01-20-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning, all. Thanks for the start, Debbie. Nice job holding strong last night, Libby.

Well, I once again have my power cord and am back in business. Fourth time I've done that dumb trick; you would think I would learn. I tell myself it's because I'm busy, not older and forgetful .

Same goals for me this week:

1. Log everything.
2. Exercise 5 days (M & W are 12-hour days at work)
3. 1300 calories.
4. Balance the pie chart for what works for me.
5. Force the fluids.
6. Check in and post daily.

Let's make it a good one!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Thanks for the quote and the start, Debbie!
Goals:
1) stretch
2) 6 glasses water
3) eat less
4) lose 2 pounds
5) work hard

Last edited by canary52; 01-20-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Great motivation Debbie = and so wise to get right back on track. Learning that a bad day was no an excuse to stop trying took me a few years.

A good day. And a quieter week ahead I should be able to enjoy more exercise and time for planning.

My goals:
Journal each day
Sauna and yoga daily( today was an exception - snow blowing and curling were my substitutes)
Lot of water
Calories below 1600
Y times 3 -- this is so I'll quit making excuses
Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Debbie.

Good advice and motivation. I'm here. Wasn't perfect over the weekend, but I didn't completely blow it. And I was really active -- spent most of the day Sunday cleaning and organizing. Lots of scrubbing.

Started the week well today. It's a busy week ahead. Hopefully I can keep it up.

Goals...
Keep calories to 1500-1600
Work out M-F
Yoga M-F
Drink lots of water
Finish two big articles by Friday
Old 01-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

1. Log everything. Yes
2. Exercise 5 days (M & W are 12-hour days at work)
3. 1300 calories. 1286-close!
4. Balance the pie chart for what works for me. Fair
5. Force the fluids. Yes
6. Check in and post daily. Yes
Old 01-21-2014, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Checking in with day 26 of my current rotation and will be doing day 7 of the new 30 day challenge once it's posted to the site. I can't believe I'm already on day 26....I have to start planning what I'll do for my next 30 day rotation. I'm also hoping to make time for the eliptical tonight as well.....that Chinese food is still messing up my weight on the scale. I'm sure it's mostly water, but I want it off by Friday weigh day! I wish I had chose the scale like you Libby and not the Chinese takeout. Live and learn right

Have a great day all!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Debbie. Late last night I heard the ice cream calling my name and I had a bowl full. My excuse was a hot flash. I hope that we can both get it off by Friday. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.