Notices

password entry required

Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I know this is an old thread but I was reading to see if others have the same problem as I do. Having to relog in every time I want to use fitday whether I have it sitting in an open window or not. It is like a banking site, as was said earlier, for logging people out for inactivity. It is extremely annoying. Otherwise I thoroughly appreciate Fitday.com. Please fix this issue. I see no reason for it to be so secure.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

I sometimes have this problem, but not consistently. Have you tried using a different browser?
Old 11-14-2013, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Try using another browser to see if the problem persists. If switching browsers fixes things, try clearing the cache memory and cookies of your preferred browser.

You may also try this automated link to see if it fixes things:

https://www.fitday.com/webfit/reset.php

Thanks!
Tyson
Old 11-14-2013, 01:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thank you. I have done both of your suggestions and still have always had this problem. Strange.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Administrator

The solution I use is a browser add on. I currently use Firefox add on called "remember passwords" It makes it so the password is already filled out.

You may want to check for a password saving add on for your browser.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

This is exceedingly annoying and totally unnecessary. In this day and age typically only bank sites won't remember a password. Who really cares about security on what they ate yesterday? And, since the password field is set to autocomplete off in the source code, it means password managers struggle to remember it.

There are ways around it, as others have mentioned, but if you don't want a browswer add-on and still want to solve it, you can create an HTML page on your own computer and mimic the functionality of the form submit on the fitday login page, except store your password within that local page. This is mildly technical, but I'm hesitant to provide the exact steps without a blessing from somebody at Fitday.