View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
wannabefitgrl
FitDay Member

I'm not yet at the 'maintenance' stage, but for those who are, I was wondering what you do differently now than when you were trying to lose.

My dilemma is this: I work out twice a day and watch every calorie the goes into my mouth. Once I get to where I want to be, does that have to be my life for the rest of my life? Or do I get to eat a few more calories (keeping my intake equal to my output) and keep up the twice a day workouts? Or can I drop the morning workouts but keep my calorie count controlled?

I know I've worked hard to lose the weight and don't want to gain it back, but I also don't want to feel trapped into such a crazy schedule. Sometimes I'll get a call from a friend or my boyfriend during the week to have dinner and a little voice in my head goes crazy thinking I'll have to skip my evening workout or I'll eat too much or too late, it goes on and on. I don't want to feel like that forever. I want to be able to happily accept a dinner invitation at some point in my life!

I'm not looking for some scapegoat way out, just wondering how much work it will be to maintain the body I worked so hard to get. Any responses from those of you currently maintaining would be great. Thanks so much!
wannabefitgrl is offline   Reply With Quote