View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
onedayperfection
FitDay Member

Talking Cabbage recipe ideas

I'm making my favorite cabbage soup and was thinking of trying something new with cabbage, unfortunately to my dismay the recipes online are almost all extremely high calorie and I can make a giant pot of cabbage soup where the whole pot is only 500 calories to eat! Any low calorie cabbage recipes would be greatly appreciated, no grains, no salt, no margarine but butter or coconut oil or olive oil is ok, no noodles rice ect, no pork or chicken or fish because of how polluted those meats are right now, everything going else is fine. I'm really looking for vegetarian or vegan meals I'm good with meat too though. I want a natural low calorie meal with no processed foods, if it isn't in my hand in its natural state I generally won't use it with the exception of organic butter organic creams organic milk organic herbs and spices and a couple other cooking ingredients.

Anyway, my soup recipe is this.
Boil water in a large pot
Half a large head or cabbage
3 large carrots
Cup of chopped onion
3-4 cloves of garlic
2 cup cauliflower
2 cups of zucchini
1 cup summer squash
Handful of cilantro
2-4 california chillies depending if you like it really spicy like me
Half amedium sized bell pepper green
Paprika to taste
Salt to taste I usually don't add much or any at all
Black freshly ground pepper
Cumin to taste
Corriander to taste

You can add and change things to make a huge difference in flavor but this is my usual way to prepare this soup and it's extremely low calorie, delicious and filling and full of nutrition you need. This soup always gets me pumped up for a workout, I think it's the California Chilli though
onedayperfection is offline   Reply With Quote