View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Prospect84
FitDay Member

Well, a couple days late on the post but this past saturday was 4 weeks into my lifechange. I'm very happy with where I am at, both physically and mentally

So just to recap, starting weight 300.4 lbs... Today's weigh in, exactly 4 weeks later = 285.6! that's 14.8 lbs off in just 4 weeks. That puts me ahead of my short term 12 week goal of 270, but I don't plan on letting up at all

Overall I am feeling much better, I feel stronger, I have more energy through the day at work, and I don't suffer from that "always hungry" feeling I used to get before I understood blood sugar / insulin spikes from my old diet. I am still sticking to working out at least 3 days a week. This is not any "insanity" or similar type workouts. I started by running on an elliptical for 15 minutes, then started mixing run days with lifting days after a soon-to-be brother-in-law suggested I invest in some Power Block dumbells which by the way are an AWESOME purchase if you are looking to get healthy! A little expensive but this is a lifetime change so I decided it was worth it for a long term investment. I had considered joining a gym but used that money towards buying my own stuff that I could get a good workout in at home. So I try to lift 2 days a week now, and I'm up to 25-30 minutes cardio the other day or two.

Hope everyone else is having success with their goals as well! Thanks for stopping by
Missed it by a week, but still a success in my book! Next goal, 220lbs by age 30... Oct, 22 2014!

(Current) 3/15/2014 @ 270.2
Prospect84 is offline   Reply With Quote