Notices

Zumba for PS3, Wii or Kinect anyone?

Old 03-30-2011, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Zumba for PS3, Wii or Kinect anyone?

I have just started doing Zumba on the Ps3. I have been told by several people that the game is darn close to the actual moves they do in the classes. Im just wondering if anyone else is doing zumba to lose weight and if any of you have had success with zumba? this is the first workout i really like doing so i am going to try to keep up with it as i am getting married this year i would love to lose a good 20 to 30 pounds by september. any tips? I used to be 235 pounds... then dropped to 165, and now I gained weight and am back up to 202 and i am really unhappy with that....
Old 05-16-2011, 06:45 PM
FitDay Member

There are some routines on the game that are exactly the same dances we use in the class (Zumba Mami)! I loveeee the game! I can literally burn up to 600 calories doing Zumba, I do it atleast twice a week and have noticed a HUGE loss in weight!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Absolutely you will lose when you do Zumba I have the DVDs so I can do it at home, started with the Rapido and Advanced set...begining of last week I got a set of 3 and the hand sticks off Amazon site and I have noticed even a bigger difference in just a week, moves are a little harder but I don't care when no one is watching It is the perfect workout I think...where was this 10 years ago?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

Can anyone tell me more about how to get Zumba on PS3? Is there more than one "game" to choose from and if so, what would you recommend for a beginner? I'm in my late 40's with a history of back problems. I have no problems dancing, just cant do too many jumping or twisting moves.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

I ordered it through Ebay - I'll let ya know!

I have been a runner for years, and was looking for something to do to use other muscles, and when the weather doesn't permit outdoor activities.
I am NOT coordinated, so I'll be laughing at myself, I'm sure!
It'll be worth it if it means I'll look leaner and more toned!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Zumba

I've always wondereed about Zumba, is it really as good as they say it is?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

I love doing Zumba: Ab Core with my kincet. I'm the kind of college student that just sits around and plays video games after class. It's actually got me motivated to do other work outs now. My roommates find it amusing to watch me to the point sometimes they even join me.

So I'm all for encouraging others to do the Zumba games.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't realize Zumba was on PS3...that's pretty cool. I have no experience with Zumba on PS3, but I've been doing it for 2.5 years now with a live instructor and have recently started doing it on my own at home. When you can, I recommend working up the level of intensity. I have seen very good results with Zumba (thighs, glutes) and the added benefit is that it doesn't feel like a chore--it's a lot of fun and dynamic so I don't get bored. Also, I couple it with other exercises like ballet (for the core) and step aerobics.