Notices

suggestions for dropping about 10 pounds

Old 05-06-2010, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default suggestions for dropping about 10 pounds

Hi everyone,
I am new at this website.. but desperately need to shed 10 pounds baby fat. i have a wedding to attend of a cousin in june and would like to drop 10 pounds through exercise and food diet.. Please suggest some ideas that have worked for you.. like diets and exercises.

I exercise 4 times a day half hours brisk walking.. i eat about 1500 calories.. I eat 2 boiled or scrambled eggs in the morning and snack with pretzels.. I usually have a salad or wrap for lunch and dinner is usually protein as well.. Please help share some ideas..

Thanks much,
M
Old 05-06-2010, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

I've been pretty consistently losing 1-3 pounds a week by keeping my carbs, proteins, fats ratio at 45-35-20. Typically I'm aiming for 40-40-20, but keeping the carbs down is always an issue. I also try and push my calorie burn up over my intake by 500-1000 calories every day (1,000 M-F, 500 weekends). I also carry a pedometer and log 10,000 most days, maybe 6-7 out of 8. My calories are pretty comparable to yours, but I've been steering clear of pretzels. They have a lot of carbs and are generally high in sodium, which causes me to retain water. You might consider pushing that brisk walk to a run, you can burn a few more calories in the same amount of time. Or if running isn't an option, add another walk per week, or make each of your walks 10-30 minutes longer, or add ankle/wrist weights? Just a few thoughts. I've been doing housework with ankle weights on and it's starting to show.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-06-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

oh thank you so much for sharing that with me.. i feel I have someone to help me go through this now.. i will stay clear of pretzels as well now.. What do you usually use for snack? I like to have just a little bit of snack so I don't run in to trouble?

Thanks,
M
Old 05-06-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

I love snack time!!! I usually opt for something with protein, because it's such a struggle. One of my favorite snacks is Greek yogurt with blueberries, well any sort of fruit actually. I also like tuna salad on cucumbers, or cut veggies dipped in Greek yogurt. If I'm having one of those days I might opt for something less nutritious, but more satisfying like a sugar-free chocolate pudding cup, or a fudgesicle. Fresh fruit is always good too. Very occasionally I get a 100 calorie snack pack, but I always want to eat the whole box, so I don't do that very often. Also they have a lot of carbs for my diet, so it's only once in a blue moon. Another yummy snack is sugar-free hot chocolate, or sugar-free jello, or nuts. The best nuts are almonds, but my fave are cashews. I have to be careful to measure them out beforehand and then hide the can in the way back of the cupboard and drink lots of water while I'm eating them, because again, I want the whole thing not just a single ounce.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

oh thank you so much for sharing such wonderful ideas.. I will try to opt for something like fruit then.. apple maybe.. but you are rite I love snacking as well so that is the most difficult for me as well.

hope we can reach our goals weight.. best of luck to you and me
Old 05-06-2010, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, everybody! :-)
I'm new here and I discovered this site totally by coincidence and I love it. I'm from Croatia (Europe) and I want to lose 5 pounds until 20th of June. To tell the truth, I would have to lose more, but this is my first goal for now. I've started yesterday...actually, the only thing that was missing in my life the last few years is excercising. I was playing valleyball (active) for 10 years and after that I was lazy for everything :-(
So, now, I have finally started to exercise and pay a little bit more attention on what I eat :-)
I hope I'll have results!!! :-)
I hope WE'LL ALL have results!!! :-))
Old 05-06-2010, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

welcome Zaba. I am new as well. My goal is to loose ten pounds by mid June.. I am trying to watch my cab intake but don't get much exercise because I work ten hour shifts, 4 days a week and have a little one at home .. if you like we can push each other.. since our goals are pretty same.. let me know!

My starting weight: 145 lbs (May 5 2010)
My goal weight; 135 lbs (June 11th 2010)
Old 05-06-2010, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

I discovered this site by accident too. I was on another diet site and somebody chimed on to say they loved fitday.com, so I checked it out. I love it too. I've lost a good amount and people keep asking me what I'm doing and I just say "fitday". You are so right it's all about making better choices. I don't think I made choices before I just went along with whatever. Now I try and only put things in my mouth that have enough nutritional value to offset the calories (easier said than done eh?). And I'm trying very hard to become addicted to running, well ellipticalling every day.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Lol...I kind of giggled when you said you were trying to become addicted to running/elliptical. I'm going through that same struggle right now! I have an elliptical machine in the spare bedroom, and the only time I am motivated to use it are at completely inappropriate times (ie, at 10pm when I'm laying in bed and have to get up at 5:30am; or at 11am when I'm sitting at work and can't do anything at all!). Then when I am at home, I have no desire whatsoever to do anything. *sigh* I would probably do better at this workout thing if somebody would handcuff me to the darn machine!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Myrasalman, I work 10 hour days too, but after my daughter I cut back to 3 days a week instead of 4. Now there's 2 kids and dad works nights, which is a bummer, so I understand how hard it is. Exercise on a work day just doesn't happen, thankfully I'm on my feet at work. The weather's getting nicer so I'm trying to get more activity done outside. I got the "garden" tilled up and ready to go (tiny little patch of ground for a few tomato plants). I've been getting the kids out for walks on my days off, weather permitting. If life would stop messing with my gym time (doctor's appointments and hubs getting stuck with overtime), maybe I could make some real progress. I'm still losing but 1/2 to 3/4 pound a week is awfully slow going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.