View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

My downfall last week was water. I'm working on it as I type this. I know cold water speeds up metabolism, but today I'm enjoying hot green tea on such a cold day here in the Midwest USA.

Mike, there you are! And even posting goals! Best wishes this week. Nice to see the Count again, "Ah, ah, ah..."

Libby, what an awesome job you are doing in your second week! Best wishes for a wonderful day.

Debbie, how are you feeling right now? It was good to read that your fever is down. We certainly don't want you to push yourself too hard--we give "dispensations" to our sick pals. That crockpot rotisserie chicken was a surprise to me--I was surprised that it worked to begin with and was so moist and tender and delicious. I make all my own soups because of being sodium and carb sensitive. I have turkey stock in my freezer that I made with the Christmas turkey carcass. Too bad I can't post some to you through this thread. My grandkids love to make soup with me. Whenever I make a roast in the crockpot, I always save and cool those juices and then skim off the fat before freezing it. The next meat juices go right on top of that, whether it be pork, beef, or poultry until I have enough for a good soup base. Then we add whatever low carb veggies I have on hand. My 12 year old granddaughter is really great at adding seasonings by "dump and taste" method--we never measure anything for soup. She and I have pretty much the same taste for the seasonings, so if something doesn't taste just right, she can tell what it needs. She has learned the golden rule of cooking from scratch when not measuring, "You can always add, but can't take away." She made the yummy veggie soup I'm having with dinner tonight.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight 7/13/2014 224.6 with an eye on "Onederland"
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote