View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #61 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Hi Mern! I too am fortunate that I can manage my health without the use of meds. When I was diagnosed in 1994, the doc offered meds. I said I wanted a little time to see if I could find a way to manage it on my own. At that time, there was no internet...well at least I had no access I went to the local library, in the small town I grew up in, to read what I could about diet and nutrition. Lucky for me, I discovered what works for me and I'm one of those that can help myself through lifestyle. Lucky me!! My sister-in-law, unfortunately, is not so lucky. I've been relatively healthy since my diagnosis through stress reduction and dietary changes, I've also seen the other side through my sister-in-law....and it can be quite different. I'm so lucky that if I mostly stay away from processed foods, keep stress low and exercise diligently, I'm able to live my life with little disturbance! My husband is a huge contributor! Honestly, without him my stress would be so much higher! Lucky for me, I've found a partner that brings balance to my I do to least I hope so Crohn's does rear it's ugly head monthly or so, but on a daily basis, I'm blessed!

This post is much longer than I intended! I'm guessing you have that effect on people Thank you for father is doing much better. He has leukemia and will never be 100% well again, but luckily he has recovered from dementia. I would say he's nearly 90% himself again...I'll take it! I'm literally moved to tears nearly every time I see him....but I keep that to myself What he has been through (lengthy story) has stumped the doctors here in Canada. They're actually using him as a case study in their medical journals for other doctors to learn from....incredible!! My dad is a feisty and tenacious man....whom I respect tremendously!

I'll have to check out your and Cassie's recipes. I'll be sure to let you know if I post any new recipes so you don't miss them!

If you are persistent, you will reach your goal. If you are consistent, you will keep it.
lildebbieg is offline   Reply With Quote