View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
traceymc1985
FitDay Member

Hey runbikeski it kinda was an advantage to cut back. I dont really have a huge social life- through the week i have a few good friends who visit for a coffee but weekends i prefer to spend them with my partner. I used to find that drinking at home with friends and family used to be a bit OTT-lets just say my house became somewhere for people to come and use just for a place to get drunk. We didnt enjoy that and so we began to keep it how we like it. Just the 2 of us,drinking at a sensible pace and listening to the music we want and singing along. We havent done it for months now but instead we have found a lovely quiet bar where we can have a couple on an afternoon and come home-merry but not totally wrecked. It has slowed me down weight loss wise but if i just stick to my allowance i can still lose it,just takes alot more hard work!
Ive learnt now just to drink if im really in the mood not just because its the weekend. Now if i have a drink its worth it because i dont do it often and its more of a pleasure,it actually tastes much better when i drink now because i dont do it as much. But i do also know just after 2 and im tipsy. Ive grown up alot nd left the binge drinking behind. Im 25 with kids. Others friends still like to get drunk every weekend but i dont want to be hungover when kids return home-its not fair to lie on sofa being ill when they want to play. Im not saying im never going to have a wild one again i will but not to the point when im totally wrecked i cant move. Ive learnt when to stop- i know when ive had enough now. Ive also figured out that drinking is a thing to be enjoyed in moderation but not as a way to block emotions and please others. This is where the problems start. I was always known as the party girl who knows how to let her hair down but it gets boring after a while now im seen as fun with or without the alcohol! I just think theres more to fridays and saturdays now instead of the boozing. Like enjoying the peace and lie ins til kids get back! Bliss
traceymc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote