Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 12/30/2013--Resolution Time

Old 12-30-2013, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread Starting 12/30/2013--Resolution Time

Good morning everyone. We are almost at a new year. Hopefully this one will be better than 2013 for me
I'm not a big resolution person but I think it's always a good idea to have some ideas to maybe do something new, or ways to better ourselves.

GOALS
1. Stay within carb limit
2. Eat 4 servings fruits and vegges
3. Drink 6 glasses of water
4. Lose 1.5lb

Personal goals
1. Clean and organize "computer room"
2. De-clutter living room
3. write more (journal or blog)
4. not to let people's thoughts or actions have power over me (this is one of my resolutions--a tough one)

Jenn
Old 12-30-2013, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Stay within carb limit not quite
2. Eat 4 servings fruits and vegges 3
3. Drink 6 glasses of water NO
4. Lose 1.5lb

Personal goals
1. Clean and organize "computer room"
2. De-clutter living room yes and kitchen
3. write more (journal or blog) NO--should have!!
4. not to let people's thoughts or actions have power over me (this is one of my resolutions--a tough one)
Old 01-01-2014, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Happy New Year every body.

GOALS
1. Stay within calorie limit under 1100
2. Eat 4 servings fruits and vegges
3. Drink 6 glasses of water
4. Lose 1 pound
5. Post daily and weigh in on Friday no matter what
6. Use the treadmill 3 + times a week
7. Use hand weights 3 times a week

Personal goals
1. Clean and organize sewing room
2. De-clutter living room
3. Donate clothes that are too big
4. Work on quilts and finish up projects before starting more
5. Keep the kitchen clean

Thanks Jenn for starting us off this week.

Last edited by libby116; 01-02-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Happy New Year, Everyone

Like Jenn, I'm not a big resolution person, but I do think it's a great time for a restart. If nothing else, my New Year resolution for weight loss will at least give me a jump start.

On December 18 I told my doc I would not binge eat, but would eat what I wanted during the holidays and then restart my weight loss diet New Year's Day. So, here I am.

I got burned out on exercise and Doc told me that any exercise is better than none, so at her suggestion, I am setting my beginning goal for exercise at three days a week instead of five, so anything extra I do will be a bonus.

I just finished a mile of aerobic walking. Will do another mile later today.

I don't know what I weigh. 230 something. I weighed 231 on Dec. 18. My scale is broken and it told me this morning I weigh 291-- and I'm sure I didn't gain 60 lbs. in two weeks. As soon as I finish this post, I'm off to the store to get a new one.

My goals starting today are:
Calories: 1200-1600 per day
Sat fat average: maximum 12% of total calories
Dietary cholesterol average: maximum of 250mg per day
Fiber average: minimum 25g per day
Protein average: minimum 120g per day
Net Carbs average (total carbs less fiber): maximum 25g per day
Exercise: 3 days per week for first three months. Any extra is a bonus
Water 64 oz. per day.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Libby and Jenn. So nice to have your company on my restart.
Headed to the store. Can't wait to see who else joins us today.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning and happy new year ladies.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Libby, Mern and Mike.
Like you Mern I have slacked off on the exercise. It's Jan 1 and I need to get back into a healthier routine!
Jenn
Old 01-01-2014, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation?

Happy New Year, y'all! Just stopped by to see if there was Sugar on this site yet. Alas, no. But I thought I'd at least say Hi, and, give an update:

After logging nearly everything I ate for more than 20 months, I stopped logging in October. We rented a beach house for the month of October, and being on vacation and all, I quit logging. I was pretty active that month, and didn't feel like I needed to log any more. Then came the holiday season, opening with that most dreadful holiday, Halloween. That rolled right into Thanksgiving, which was at my house this year. We had Turduckens, and lots of leftovers. Then party, party, party, Christmas. Oh, and of course lobsters for New Years Eve, and lots of Champagne.

So... Today's assessment shows that I'm bumping up on the underside of my original weight loss goal, ~ 5 pounds over my "stretch" goal, and 8 over where I was when I stopped logging. That's right, in the last three months I've gained about eight pounds, (from ~ 112 to 119.5). Or basically about a pound a week since Halloween.

I'd like to get back down to 115 again, as that's a good set point for me. I figure if I can gain a pound a week, I should be able to lose weight like that too, right? But somehow I don't think it'll work like that!

Anyway, it's back to logging for me! I have still been working out, (with a trainer) twice a week, and have been lifting more weight lately, but I don't think lifting is the cause of my weight gain. I'm pretty sure it's purely an ingestion issue. Stop logging = gain weight. So it's back to logging!
And more aerobics. I need to get my stamina up for a ski trip in Feb.

And I might drop back by here once in a while. After all, I wouldn't want to miss poetry month!

- Donna
Old 01-01-2014, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Is there room for one more? Now that my own personal New Year's Eve challenge is over, I'm looking for somewhere to check in for accountability and motivation. I came so close to my NYE goal of 126...only missed it by .8 lbs. My ultimate goal is to get back down to 110 lbs. which I resolve to achieve this year! 16 lbs. may not sound like a lot but I'm a slow loser I'm currently doing a 12 week exercise challenge (that another smart FitDay-er got me going on....you know who you are ), which I intend to finish. Also, I'm on day 13 of a 30 day rotation I started. I like to change things up every 30 days or so to keep it interesting. Looking forward to an active check in forum and getting to know others here on FitDay!

My goal for the remainder of the week:

1. Get back on track with my diet (egg muffins for breakfast, salad for lunch, protein + greens for dinner and Greek yogurt and fruit or veggies and hummus for snacks)
2. Drink 8 glasses of water
3. Workout daily
4. Workout doubles at least twice

Personal goals
1. Undecorate my house!
2. Make an appointment for a haircut (I always put this off!....my hair is very long as a result! LOL!)
3. Build a skating rink for the kids (this is an ambitious one...but it make actually happen!)
Old 01-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Hi guys and gals...

I am almost in tears of relief to see some of my old friends here, if they haven't disowned me for my disappearing act. I can't remember how long it's been.

I am also not much for resolutions, but I am in favor of sanity, and unfortunately I have dipped into the insane over the past several months. Long story short, but essentially my previously balanced life turned into two full-time jobs, working 60+ hours a week, legal wrangling, and major milestones on the home front.

I'm about down to 1.5 jobs now, but also realizing that I need to do something to stop the crazy and actually do something for myself for a chance, so I am going to make my best effort to be back on a regular basis.

Ironically, this time last year, I had posted that rather than making resolutions, I would pick one word and try to have that govern my year. I picked "balance," and I did the exact opposite.

I took this week off from everything to make myself sort it all out, and to write and to connect and to regroup and to catch up. I once got so much strength from you all, and I need to do so again.

Happy, happy, happy new year to everyone...I look forward to catching up on what's going on with old friends, and on making some new ones!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.