I am new to Fit Day
Most of my life I've been slim, at one point going down to an unhealthy size 6 because due to anxiety I never ate. Then I met my lovely boyfriend, and almost 3 years later, I am a size 10/12!
It is happy weight, we got very comfortable and so in June last year we started a die/exercise regime. We went to the gym 6-7 times a week for 3 months and lost quite a bit of weight, but unfortunately due to multiple birthdays and a holiday, we put the weight back on.
So I'm back to a size 10/12 and very unhappy. I'm living off fast food, the occasional gym visit (maybe one or twice every two weeks), energy drinks (which only increases my anxiety), coca cola, chocolate, sweets - no vegetables at all, occasional fruit.
So I have decided to, after watching Fat, Old and Almost Dead, and a lot of soul searching, to lose the weight and get back into shape. My boyfriend is taking me back to Las Vegas in May, so I plan on losing the weight and toning my body before then.
I have bought a juicer and this is what I plan to do:
- Consume most of my fruit/veg using the juicer
- Lower my dairy intake, eg: swapping milk for almond milk
- Cut out caffeine to help my anxiety
- Eat more fish and chicken
- Fry only using coconut oil
- Research what vitamins to take if needed
- Drink more water/soda water
- Replace potatoes with sweet potatoes
- Cut out any carbs/eating at all after 6pm
Gym routine (as given to me by a personal trainer~)
- Rower: reaching 1000m in 5 minutes or under
- Treadmill interval training: 3 minutes running, 2 minutes walking uphill for a total of 15 minutes
- Cross trainer: 10 minutes
- 3 sets of 15 lunges holding 5kg of weight
- Bicep curls, 2kg, 3 sets of 15 curls
- 3 sets of 30 bicycle crunches
- 3 sets of 10 V Crunches with 5 KG weight, lifting arms at same time
- 3 sets of 20 dips
- 3 sets of 10 lunges with 10kg bar
- 3 sets of 12 upward rows with 10kg bar
- Leg press - 3 sets of 10 at 35 kg
5 times a week, 1 day a week of swimming 30 lengths.
This is the same routine I followed when I lost my weight, with a few more crunches thrown in. I'll update my measurements today (gotta get a tape measure) and weigh myself every 2 weeks.
Wish me luck everyone!
Any advice would be welcomed, both in gym routine and diet!