View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Hi guys and gals...

I am almost in tears of relief to see some of my old friends here, if they haven't disowned me for my disappearing act. I can't remember how long it's been.

I am also not much for resolutions, but I am in favor of sanity, and unfortunately I have dipped into the insane over the past several months. Long story short, but essentially my previously balanced life turned into two full-time jobs, working 60+ hours a week, legal wrangling, and major milestones on the home front.

I'm about down to 1.5 jobs now, but also realizing that I need to do something to stop the crazy and actually do something for myself for a chance, so I am going to make my best effort to be back on a regular basis.

Ironically, this time last year, I had posted that rather than making resolutions, I would pick one word and try to have that govern my year. I picked "balance," and I did the exact opposite.

I took this week off from everything to make myself sort it all out, and to write and to connect and to regroup and to catch up. I once got so much strength from you all, and I need to do so again.

Happy, happy, happy new year to everyone...I look forward to catching up on what's going on with old friends, and on making some new ones!

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote