Notices

Another calories not adding up!

Old 11-21-2013, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Another calories not adding up!

I have been searching here and trying to understand why my calories do not total my macros. I have had FitDay PC for a long time and never really added it up. Well, I've been doing that and it can be off up 70 cals. I use a mixture of custom foods and database foods although mostly custom. Do I need to use a "serving" vs a unit such as grams or oz?

For instance:
Beef, ground 90% cooked: 3oz=180cals, 9gr fat, 0gr carbs, 24gr protein. Caloris from the macros are 177 not 180. I have that in my custom foods by the oz, using 3 as the serving (3/1oz servings).

Any help or understanding of this would be appreciated!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

As I look at website like calorie king, etc. they all seem to be the same in macros and the calories don't add up right there either. I know some is rounding because it will have 2.6gr of something instead of 3gr. So in my custom foods I will do the math and make the calories the sum of Pro, Carbs, and Fat.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Do I understand the question correctly - are you putting the ground beef in as a custom food? Then you break it down by oz? I haven't done this myself - instead I put in a custom food and in the descrption I state the serving size there.

For example:
Dunkin Donut 1 large glazed is one serving

That's the description when I make up the custom food. With the serving size defined, if I eat half a donut, I put in 0.5 for the quanitity, or 0.33 or whatever fraction I've eaten of that food. It works pretty well.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for very interesting post. I have a high regard for the valuable information you offer in your articles. I really believe you will do much better in the future
its really good to know me! Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this thanks. love this way!