View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
jacklin
FitDay Member

Latest check in results......well, I went back to the doctor last week and my blood pressure is up slightly again. Geez...I don't know what is up with that other that the normal daily stress of my life but I'm still on meds which stinks but I'll continue to take them until we are sure I can go off. It's no where near as high as it used to be, its just not where it needs to be. I'm not going to lie, I'm really tired these days. The flu has been spreading throughout the area and I'm not sure if my body is trying to fight that off or what. All I know is that I feel like I could really take a 4 hour nap right now. Who has time for that???

I'm working on my doctorate degree and I should finish up with that in the next few months. I really think that if I can get that off my plate that will be one less thing to worry about and maybe that will help with my BP. TOO MUCH TO DO!!

As far as progress, I continue to truck along. I started doing some pilates only to find that I really need to get some sort of mat (which I should get from Santa). Pilates on a hard wood floor just doesn't cut it. The good news is that all the crunches that I'm doing have really paid off and I wasn't really struggling as much as you would think that I would as a beginner (again). I really loved what Pilates did for me in the past and I'm aiming for the same results. I'm having some major back issues and I'm hoping that by adding some Pilates and Yoga in the mix will help those muscles and alleviate some of the pain I'm feeling. At one point I was down to 178.2 and somehow I'm up to 178.4...hate it when that happens. I'll be out of town for some Christmas festivities but am still feeling strong about my progress. My goal this weekend is to get some sleep. I'm really run down and cannot afford to get sick right now!! Between working on a dissertation and trying to get these workouts in, oh yeah, this thing called Christmas that I'm trying to get ready for.....there are not enough hours in the day and I can't handle getting sick on top of that. Enough whining though, I just need a nap. TGIF

One victory I did notice though....I was playing with my daughter the other day and she was showing me some of her jumps that they do in her gymnastics class. She wanted me to try one of them. Now of course I cant do them, but I at least had to try them because that is all I keep telling her to do when she says she cant do something...just keep trying, just keep trying, honey...You'll get it!!! So I tried it. Now I don't know what it looked like, and really don't care because what I did notice was that my body didn't hurt when I landed. It used to ache if I tried to do anything like that when it was too strenuous for someone of my size. It's amazing how I really feel so much younger now. Not as many aches and pains. Yes, I have the back issues but that has alot to do with my chest size....on a side note, who can lose 60 pounds and not go down a cup size?? Me! That's who! What in the world? But that is another sob story for another day......have a great holiday!
7/30/13 225.8
8/20/13 216.2
8/26/13 213.8
10/2/13 203
10/28/13 194.6
11/15/13 189.8
12/5/13 182
12/20/13 178.4
1/17/14 168
2/25/14 154.2
4/18/14 146.4

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

I will rise from this defeat and claw my way back.

You don't have to be great to start. You have to start to be great.
jacklin is offline   Reply With Quote