Notices

frustrated

Old 12-11-2013, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Question frustrated

49 years old, lifelong martial artist-train hard 4x week and love it. can never reach the calorie threshold I am supposed to be consuming-basically I am pretty full at about 1100 calories tops ( 50g Fat or so/ 60-70g protein /20-30g fiber and the rest carbs) . 150-155 lbs and need to be at 140-145 so 10lbs +/- need to go away but alas I lose a couple gain a couple . Very frustrated and don't know what else to do. any ideas?
Old 12-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Drink more water: that's the only thing I can think of. What does fitday advise you to have as caloric intake, given your weight goal?
Old 12-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

I eat about the same amount of calories as you do, run 4-5 days a week plus lift heavy 3-4 days a week. I eat pretty low carb, a fair amount of fat and high protein.

Do you log all ur food and fluid intake? What are your macros? I can only guess from what you posted... I logged about 1100 cals based on the grams you posted for your % for macros and my pie chart showed that both your fat and carb % is higher than your protein.

Different %'s work for different people but IMO, you need to up your protein and lower either your fat or carbs.

I did my last bulk on the higher fat/carb, lower protein and gained 7 pounds before I started my cut. I lowered my carbs, kept the higher fat, protein being the highest % and I dropped the 7 pounds fairly quickly and lowered my BF by 2%, losing a whole jean size, without changing my regular workouts.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Frustrated

Thanks for the suggestions. I drink about 60-80 oz of water most days. maybe I need more.
I am supposed to eat about 1800 cals a day which is nearly impossible for me but as per the suggestion I looked at my fat intake and yes I do % wise eat more fat and not enough protein . My regular food intake doesn't give me more than 50g or or so protein daily and I cant stomach the smell of protein shakes....
Old 12-12-2013, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I do eat a fair amount of veggies and some fruit so my carb( including the 30g of fiber perday is higher than protein . I am a litle scared to up my fat more than the 50-60g per day though . what do you think? I train 4x /week for a couple of hours each in BJJ and sweat a ton!
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
I eat about the same amount of calories as you do, run 4-5 days a week plus lift heavy 3-4 days a week. I eat pretty low carb, a fair amount of fat and high protein.

Do you log all ur food and fluid intake? What are your macros? I can only guess from what you posted... I logged about 1100 cals based on the grams you posted for your % for macros and my pie chart showed that both your fat and carb % is higher than your protein.

Different %'s work for different people but IMO, you need to up your protein and lower either your fat or carbs.

I did my last bulk on the higher fat/carb, lower protein and gained 7 pounds before I started my cut. I lowered my carbs, kept the higher fat, protein being the highest % and I dropped the 7 pounds fairly quickly and lowered my BF by 2%, losing a whole jean size, without changing my regular workouts.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

I'm with you on the protein shakes, I can't do them either!

I'm a vegetarian with food allergies and still manage to get a fair amount of protien.

Do you log your food? What does your pie chart show for fat/carbs/protein?

I agree with Kathy13118 about drinking more water. What else do you drink and do you count it in your cals/macros?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default thanks

Yes I log everything in and my pie chart reveals that my fat intake is about 40% most of the time or 42% my protein 22% and carbs 38% or more depending but the fat is consistently high and the protein always way low and I know I struggle with where to bump up my protein without ingesting saturated fats. I will work on drinking 80-100oz water and see if that moves somethig around but I am not eating the right balance for my body.
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
I'm with you on the protein shakes, I can't do them either!

I'm a vegetarian with food allergies and still manage to get a fair amount of protien.

Do you log your food? What does your pie chart show for fat/carbs/protein?

I agree with Kathy13118 about drinking more water. What else do you drink and do you count it in your cals/macros?
Old 12-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

I think increasing your water intake is a good idea. If that doesn't work, maybe try either lowering your carbs or fat while increasing your protein.

I'm kind of curious about what you eat on a daily bases just because of your macros.

I also think that it gets harder to lose the pounds the closer you get to your ideal weight.