View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
kenesaw
FitDay Member

I researched my heart out and have found out so much. I am on HRT but will be starting Bioidenticals as soon as the first batch arrives.

I thought Menopause was all about Estrogen levels but it is so much more than that. I also have ZERO progesterone and now have what is called "Estrogen Dominance"

Hi, Juiie,

You are indeed fortunate to have learned about bioidentical HRT. I am 62, and have been on a topical progesterone since I was 45. I feel fine, and know that progesterone has been fundamental to my well being.

While sugar cravings are a symptom of estrogen dominance, so to is that stubborn mid-body weight gain with which many progesterone deficient women live. With the right mix of supplemental hormones, you should see real progress.

So I decided, right on to Atkins I go. I have read the book (Just the induction for now). I started yesterday. I have all the foods I need and I now have this lovely forum to ask and maybe one day also assist others.

Again, I can share your experience here. Perhaps the progesterone, along with the 3 Tbs/day of a vegetable sourced Omega 3-6-9, inclined me to lose interest in starches and sugars. I naturally gravitated to a high protein, high good fat diet.

As a result, I have been able to retain muscle mass as I age, and had no menopausal issues whatsoever.

I believe you are on the right track. Best wishes on your quest for health and wellbeing.
kenesaw is offline   Reply With Quote