Notices

2013 Year End Challenge! Who's with me?!?!?!

Old 11-26-2013, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default 2013 Year End Challenge! Who's with me?!?!?!

The end of the year is fast approaching and I really want to finish this year off with a bang! Most other years, I wait until after the holiday season to start trying to shed the holiday pounds. Not this year! This year, I want to see a weight loss throughout the holiday season and start a new goal in the new year...not try to fix this year's mistake! I'm aiming to be down 5 pounds from where I am now by New Year's Eve (the 5 pounds was inspired by libby116. Thanks for the motivation Libby!!).

So who's with me?!?! (Becca and Libby....you know you wanna join me...right!?! LOL!!) Who wants to start the year off feeling slim and trim rather than battling the holiday pounds?!?! We can do this!

My last weigh in on Friday had me at 133.2 lbs. I'm aiming to start my new year at 128.2 lbs.....starting NOW!!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

You can count me in. So that puts my goal for New Years Day at 164. It has been a very long time since I saw that weight on the scale but I can do it this time. Thank you Deb for posting a challenge. Any body else want to join.
The more the merrier.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Woohoo Libby! Glad we're in this together!

Any other takers? Come on...I see people checking out the thread but not joining in. Set a goal that you're comfortable with. Honestly, 5 pounds may be out of reach for me since I'm a slow loser, but I figure I've got nothing to lose if I try...but some weight
Old 11-26-2013, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I can only imagine myself at your weight but it will happen some time next year if I remain steadfast to my goal. I am curious as to what size clothes I will be wearing. I am knitting a sweater and I hope to wear it next winter. I now wear size XL or L but I was going to knit size M. What do you think?
I walked for over 30 min. on the treadmill but I am a little high on calories already today. It's hard to keep track of everything. I hope you are having a good day.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Libby It's hard to say for sure what size you would wear, but I would think at 4'11" at 130 lbs. a size medium would probably be right. When it comes to winter sweaters, even if they are a little larger they're cozy that way, so if the medium ends up a little big you'll still be cozy warm
Old 11-28-2013, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Looks like it's just you and me Libby....unless others join us after the American Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is weigh day for me. Hopefully I break past the 133's permanently. For the past few weeks I keep bouncing up and down always going back to the 133's. It seems to be my new set point weight. What day is your weigh day?
Old 11-28-2013, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Deb. I am approaching an old set point of 165 and I am worried about getting stuck there again. Change up your work out or eat most of your calories earlier in the day. That is what I am going to do. I am working on my sweater and am happy with how it is knitting up. It also keeps my hands and mind busy so I don't snack.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Libby Checking in with my first challenge weigh in. I'm happy to say I'm back down to where I was a few weeks ago. Today I'm 130.8 which means I have a whole month to lose 2.6 lbs. to reach my NY goal. Mabye I should change my goal...or just keep it the same since I've been going back and forth from 133 to 130 for several weeks. What do you think? I think I may aim for 126 instead!

Great suggestion on changing up the workouts to move past a plateau. That's exactly what I did this weeka nd it seems to have helped. Now to keep it up for another week to see if I can finally break out of the 130's! Even if we get stuck at these set points, we have to just keep trying. Eventually, we'll create a new set point!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 11-29-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

I started an exercise challenge of 1K or more a day for 12 weeks. Are you interested? My weight is stuck at 168 this week so I have to do something to get it moving. Great job on getting to 130 and yes you can get to 126 by New Years.

Friday 1K Yes
Old 11-29-2013, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

An exercise challenge is a great idea! After all, we can't necessarily control what we see on the scale but we can certainly control our activity level. Having said that, I'm currently doing a 30 day challenge (I'm on day 10) that has me exercising 40-60 minutes daily, plus this last week I added in an extra 40 minutes of cardio on the eliptical to bust out of my plateau. So can I just join you in 12 weeks of exercising daily? On my rest days, I will do 1 km on the eliptical or treadmill, but I don't want to add anymore to the 30 day challege that I'm doing. We're going to be looking so fine by Valentine's Day!

12 Weeks, 84 days...84 workouts
Day 1 - yes

PS, thank you for the vote of confidence that I can hit 126 by NY. I haven't seen that number is 5 years!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.