View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lizzycritter
FitDay Member

I think this is a common problem for us as we lose weight. We think everything's going to be better, all our problems will just melt away as the poulds melt off. Well, it doesn't work like that. The fat insulates us from life. It goes away and all the other problems are still there, in fact they're more apparent because they're not covered up under a layer of fat. I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you, except to say you certainly aren't the only one who's ever felt this way. There's got to be a reason why you don't like yourself, and it has nothing to do with your weight. If you can afford it, counseling could help you find the root of the problem. It won't be easy, but you DO have value, you ARE worth having this wonderful man in your life, and you CAN lose the weight, keep it off, and learn to love yourself. I know this because we all have value, we all are worth loving, and everyone is capable of learning and self improvement. It's hard to step outside ourselves and see how others see us, but your man loves you and your kids love you, so for their sake, you have to love yourself too.

Starting weight:182
Current weight: 140
Goal weight: 135
Lizzycritter is offline   Reply With Quote