Notices

Back strain

Old 11-15-2013, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default Back strain

Hi all. I wonder if someone could help me with a problem that I have had for years. I find that the muscle in my middle back keeps tearing. I stop doing the lifting that causes it to tear, so that it can heal. But after a while it just goes again. It's a real pain in the a. I get other strains that heal and never come back, but this one always returns. It the muscle half way down my back and to the right a bit. I think it's the Latissimus Dorsi, and the lifting that causes it, is the bar pull downs and the front dumbells lift to halfway up when lying down on the the stomach. It only ever seems to be the right side that plays up, never the left. I am wondering if I need to stop doing those lifts for longer. I am getting older now and are finding that healing seems to take forever. Back in my twenties I would be healed in days, now it's months. Thanks for any ideas on my problem.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Have you been to the doctor for this? If not, that should be your first step.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Have you been to the doctor for this? If not, that should be your first step.
No I haven't. I suppose I should, but like most men in NZ we just don't go to them. A bit stupid really. Then again a muscle strain isn't really cancer is it.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ivantu
No I haven't. I suppose I should, but like most men in NZ we just don't go to them. A bit stupid really. Then again a muscle strain isn't really cancer is it.
I hope in your case it isn't but only a doctor can rule that out right?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
I hope in your case it isn't but only a doctor can rule that out right?
True. My mom that she pulled a muscle, until it wouldn't get better. Then she found out it was bone cancer. Months later she was gone.