Supper's Under 15 Minutes? >

Supper's Under 15 Minutes?

Community
Notices

Supper's Under 15 Minutes?

Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Supper's Under 15 Minutes?

As a working student (yes, even in the summer I take classes) the majority of my late meals occur on my 15 minute break. I know, it's not good for me to wolf down my food, but often if I don't eat on my 15 minute break I have to have dinner at 10pm.

Luckily I work in a grocery store! But I'd like to get away from the salad bar. Any meals I can make/eat in under 15 minutes that will keep me on track? Preferably ones that won't break the bank!

(I do bring meals with me to work or buy them before I clock in for my shift, I just never know what to bring other than sandwiches or salads)
Old 11-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Cottage cheese, if you like that: drain some canned fruit (or get some fresh from the salad bar, if they have fruit there) and add the fruit pieces to the cottage cheese. It's a little bit sweet and it's high in protein. Wrap some deli roast beef around a bread stick and you've got a non-sandwich sandwich.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

I often eat dinner at 9 or 10 at night too! I really just plan ahead. The crock pot is a good tool, make up a nice amount of food and then portion it out, chili, soups, pot roast, all can be heavy on the vegetables. In the crock pot you can use very lean meats and by cooking them slowly they are quite tender. Once you chill the results the excess fat will rise to the top and harden, and you can skim that off with a spoon or fork. I invested around 30 dollars on a crockpot 20 years ago and it was the best 30 dollars I think I have ever spent.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

When I don't have time for a "real" meal I like one of these --

1. Lite string cheese and walnuts
2. breadless sandwich -- two lite swiss slices with lettuce, kale, roast beef, ham or turkey in between
3. celery and peanut butter
4. 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein, 1 Thb coconut, 1 Thb ground flax seed meal, 1 Thb raw pumpkin seeds
Old 11-10-2013, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bikehikerun
When I don't have time for a "real" meal I like one of these --

1. Lite string cheese and walnuts
2. breadless sandwich -- two lite swiss slices with lettuce, kale, roast beef, ham or turkey in between
3. celery and peanut butter
4. 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein, 1 Thb coconut, 1 Thb ground flax seed meal, 1 Thb raw pumpkin seeds
That yogurt mix sounds good. I have been reading a lot about the healthy benefits of Coconut and am thinking of ways to work it into my way of eating, that sounds very yummy!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:07 PM
FitDay Member

bikehikerun your yogurt combination is very good n also very healthy, I must try this yogurt combination.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:03 PM
Banned

Smile

Bungalow mozzarella dairy product, if you like that will: depletion several refined fruits (or find some fresh from your salad club, as long as they have fruits there) and include this fruits parts on the cottage mozzarella dairy product. It truly is slightly sweet and it is elevated in proteins. Cover several deli toast meat all around the loaves of bread stay and you will have a non-sandwich hoagie.